A voyage into the unknown

Started by Charon, 05 April 2013, 10:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

Progress!

Things are beginning to start to take shape with the arrival of the first greens!

Haven't been this excited for a long time! (although my wife thinks I'm more than a little sad)

http://albioninvaded.blogspot.co.uk/

Hertsblue

Excellent. The heads are beautifully executed. And are we to infer that you're back in employment?  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Charon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 20 July 2013, 10:59:35 AM
Excellent. The heads are beautifully executed. And are we to infer that you're back in employment?  :-bd

Yes, thank God! Massive relief as there is not a lot out there at the moment!

Share prices in Marks and Spencers rose when they heard I'd got a job too as it meant my wife didn't have to curtail her M&S habit  =)

Techno

I like them !!
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Nicely done on the heads front 8).

ryman1

They're lovely!   :-bd

Cheers

Ry

Charon

sunjester

The heads look really good. I think it's a great idea for a project :-bd, but not one I'd personally buy into as I've given up on 28mm. Now if you had done it in 10mm......my wallet would be crying!

I think this is indeed most wargamer's dream, and really hope that this is a success for you to build the armies you want and recover the cost, maybe even make a little profit.

Charon

Quote from: sunjester on 23 July 2013, 02:24:31 PM
The heads look really good. I think it's a great idea for a project :-bd, but not one I'd personally buy into as I've given up on 28mm. Now if you had done it in 10mm......my wallet would be crying!

I think this is indeed most wargamer's dream, and really hope that this is a success for you to build the armies you want and recover the cost, maybe even make a little profit.

Thank you!

Genuinely not sure how they'll sell, and genuinely not too bothered to be honest, it's more about the "journey" (sorry about that phrase - too many episodes of the X-Factor watched in my house!) I'm toying with the idea of letting my (teenage) daughters "run" the business (with me watching over them) to give them a basic understanding of how businesses work  :-\

SV52

I compose my blog posts on Windows Livewriter (free download), then publish them from there to the blog.  As long as you have a blog account with someone, simply identify it to Livewriter and it takes care of the rest. The Blogger post writer was and is dreadful.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Charon

Quote from: SV52 on 24 July 2013, 09:10:36 AM
I compose my blog posts on Windows Livewriter (free download), then publish them from there to the blog.  As long as you have a blog account with someone, simply identify it to Livewriter and it takes care of the rest. The Blogger post writer was and is dreadful.

Thanks, I'll have a look. I have struggled a bit with blogger, but put that down to being over 40.

Have just played around with the layout, hopefully to make it look a bit better - what do you think?

Charon

It's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time since my last update - working long hours has meant that wargaming has taken a bit of a back seat. To make matter worse my new employers block forums on work PCs so I can no longer spend my lunch time here!

Any how -

Latest update - http://albioninvaded.blogspot.co.uk/

Hertsblue

Looking very good, Jon. Did you ever tell us what scale you're working in? Something larger than 10mm I would think.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Steve J