What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kipt

Finished "The Waterloo Archive, Volume XI: British Sources" edited by Gareth Glover.

Almost the first half of the book (to page 117) is the Brigade Order books from MG Sir Hussey Vivian's 6th Cavalry Brigade.  And not very interesting.  One reference to Waterloo in the orders for June 19th.

The second half has various letters form various participants and later visitors.  There are two courts martial proceedings, both brought by a brevet major in the 1/32nd against two other majors, accusing them of cowardice.  Both acquitted.  Seems like the accuser might have had bad feelings about these two superior officers, but nothing in the documents showing that.

fred.

I suppose by the time you get to volume 11 you have got through the good stuff several volumes earlier!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

kipt

Yes the earlier volumes were very detailed.  There are more volumes out now (I think to XIII) but I am going to pass on those.