nikharwood's sites

Started by nikharwood, 12 March 2012, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

seano1815

AWI all i can say is wow Nik beautiful figures, thanks for posting

nikharwood

21 January 2013, 12:45:11 AM #2 Last Edit: 21 January 2013, 05:59:54 PM by nikharwood
And now I've just created a new blog - in a concerted attempt to put the whole of my being into Google-land  ;) :d

Not much there now - but it's probably (from here on in) going to get updated more than my wiki as I can easily integrate it with my Google+ meanderings and postings here...

Link:
http://nikharwood.blogspot.co.uk/

Hertsblue

How do you find the time, Nik? With work and a family thrown in - amazing!  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

ronan

May be we should run an anti-doping test on Nik ?
;)

Blaxkleric

Any chance of a quick run down of how you did the Dystopian Wars Fleet please Nik? Presumably a wash or something at some point?

Very nice indeed  :-bd

petercooman

I see you play legends of the old west, how do those rules play?

nikharwood

21 January 2013, 09:12:54 PM #7 Last Edit: 21 January 2013, 09:22:08 PM by nikharwood
Quote from: Hertsblue on 21 January 2013, 10:25:49 AM
How do you find the time, Nik? With work and a family thrown in - amazing!  8)

I find that the busier I am, the more I get done...not sure that makes any sense, but perhaps it's just that if everything is moving at Mach 3 then you just don't lose momentum!

Quote from: ronan on 21 January 2013, 12:19:08 PM
May be we should run an anti-doping test on Nik ?
;)

It'd only turn up good Scotch nowadays  8) <)

Quote from: Blaxkleric on 21 January 2013, 07:23:43 PM
Any chance of a quick run down of how you did the Dystopian Wars Fleet please Nik? Presumably a wash or something at some point?

Very nice indeed  :-bd

Yep - here you go: http://nikharwood.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/dystopian-wars-russian-coalition-fleet.html

Quote from: petercooman on 21 January 2013, 08:04:07 PM
I see you play legends of the old west, how do those rules play?

They're good (as are Legends of the High Seas) - for me they combine the nice & simple combat mechanic of Lord of the Rings (which is very fast & fluid and ideal for skirmish gaming) with the best of the campaign system from Mordheim...great fun - and easily adaptable to other periods as well - for example, I use 'Voltigeur' as a variant for Napoloeonic skirmishing 8)

petercooman

Great! LOTR being one of the games i like a lot. I think i have about 6 different armies, maybe 7.

Seems like i will have to investigate ;)

seano1815

Great new blog Nik don't tempt me satan :d with pics of your Franco Prussians....I say ney and thrice nay not buying any (yet :-[)...looked like a great game figures and scenics top notch...think you need to add a follow icon Nik so people can follow your blog.
All the best
Sean

nikharwood

Quote from: seano1815 on 21 January 2013, 11:34:29 PM
Great new blog Nik don't tempt me satan :d with pics of your Franco Prussians....I say ney and thrice nay not buying any (yet :-[)...looked like a great game figures and scenics top notch...think you need to add a follow icon Nik so people can follow your blog.
All the best
Sean

Thanks Sean - those FPW have featured here - I was just mucking about, seeing how easy / difficult it was to bring content from here to there...it was a great game & I need to get them on the table more - they're some of my favourite Pendraken figures  :)

I've added the 'follow' gadget now - bizarrely, that one's not in the 'standard' list of gadgets that come up in the dashboard  :o

Si Tyler

I do like this, pity that Christmas is a long way off.  I will have to look forward to my birthday in June for the minor diversions this will probably cause me

Si

seano1815

Consider yourself followed Nik, but not in a stalker kind of way ;D

nikharwood

Quote from: seano1815 on 22 January 2013, 08:33:50 PM
Consider yourself followed Nik, but not in a stalker kind of way ;D

:D

Rob

Very impressive Nick. Keep it up.  :)

(I mean the Blogs)  :)