Don't tell 'em Pike

Started by Last Hussar, 04 July 2024, 05:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

Just a reminder, ( though I'm sure it's not the sort of thing you'd post anyway) DO NOT POST HOW YOU VOTED BEFORE 10 OCLOCK.

Pendraken would be held legally responsible for publishing a vote while the polls are still open.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

I am not sure why anyone would reveal how they voted, as the secret ballot is a fundamental part of our society.

But according to the BBC (Biased Broadcasting Corporation) you can tell people as long as you do not update social media inside the Polling Station.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-56849080

Can I tell my social media followers how I voted?
You can, but voters are advised not to update their social media accounts inside the polling station.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

It's the French one we need to worry about, anyway.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Last Hussar

Election law (specifically section 66A of the Representation of the People Act 1983) makes it an offence to publish before the polls close at 10pm.

QuoteBiased Broadcasting Corporation
To right wing for you?

GNU PTerry

flamingpig0

Do we really need to know?
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Raider4

QuoteDo we really need to know?
No, we don't. And I can't remember anyone posting their voting preference on here in previous elections.

flamingpig0

Quote from: Raider4 on 04 July 2024, 07:32:59 PMNo, we don't. And I can't remember anyone posting their voting preference on here in previous elections.

Nor me.

I would rather not be given the opportunity to think unkindly of people. Wargaming is too important for that

H.P. Lovecraft

Salah Askar,

hammurabi70

Quote from: FierceKitty on 04 July 2024, 06:05:55 PMIt's the French one we need to worry about, anyway.

French?  I should have thought the Iranian!

But enough of politics.  I am mainly riveted by reading THE NAVAL WAR IN THE MEDITERRANEAN 1940 - 1943 and the implications for NIMITZ/HALSEY gaming.

DecemDave

QuoteI would rather not be given the opportunity to think unkindly of people. Wargaming is too important for that

well. no additional ones maybe?  we already have some who rule nit-pick, disparage others choice of scales or models, point out that my carefully painted 197th line had changed their cuff colour the year before etc or otherwise disagree with my own humble but clearly correct opinions. 

flamingpig0

Quote from: DecemDave on 05 July 2024, 11:06:33 AMwell. no additional ones maybe?  we already have some who rule nit-pick, disparage others choice of scales or models, point out that my carefully painted 197th line had changed their cuff colour the year before etc or otherwise disagree with my own humble but clearly correct opinions. 

I am too good at hating things - I have now got to the age not wishing to any more.

H.P. Lovecraft

Salah Askar,

Last Hussar

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 04 July 2024, 07:41:36 PMNor me.

I would rather not be given the opportunity to think unkindly of people. Wargaming is too important for that

Yes, wargaming - modelling such pleasant human interaction...

;D

GNU PTerry

Raider4

QuoteYes, wargaming - modelling such pleasant human interaction...

Play fantasy. Dwarves vs. lizardmen - not a human in sight.

flamingpig0

Quote from: Last Hussar on 05 July 2024, 11:31:52 AMYes, wargaming - modelling such pleasant human interaction...

;D

at least a fairly honest interaction- comparatively rare these days
 H.P. Lovecraft

Salah Askar,

Elliesdad

Ballot papers are numbered (so "the powers that be" know WHICH SPECIFIC ballot paper was allocated to me/anyone else) yet we make a fuss about it being a "secret" ballot.

I appreciate ballot papers are numbered, but doesn't that mean it would be possible to subsequently search through the completed ballot papers to identify how an individual voted? Mind-numbingly dull though 😉

Orcs

Well after all the seemingly endless, news coverage ,debates, arguments, disparaging comments and  downright lies ( from all sides of the house) we have the expected result that was effectively known 5 weeks or so ago.

Lets see what this change will bring
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson