10mm Christmas Diorama Set released

Started by Leon, 23 December 2023, 06:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

With it being Christmas we've got a little festive release for you next, with this 10mm Christmas Diorama Set now available!  This contains Santa and Mrs Clause, some elves, two reindeer, a Christmas tree, Jack Frost, North Pole, Snowman and Snowdog!  It'll be fun to see where this crops up on your game tables!

Specials - https://www.pendraken.co.uk/specials
PEN-XMAS  Christmas Diorama Set (13 pieces)    £5.00

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

I've just ordered a Christmas set on the day before Christmas Eve.

Sometimes, I question my life choices.

For example, I'm now researching elf costumes. 

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ordered! Leon, can you add it to my last order?  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

IS THERE NO WAY TO GET AWAY FROM THE DA*ND THING :'(  :'(  :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

John Cook

Quote from: Leon on 23 December 2023, 06:48:53 PMIt'll be fun to see where this crops up on your game tables!

Indeed it will.  I'm struggling to imagine a wargaming application!

fsn

Quote from: John Cook on 24 December 2023, 09:21:49 AMIndeed it will.  I'm struggling to imagine a wargaming application!
Absolutely none.

However I haven't put up a Chrstmas decoration (not even cards) for 15 years or so. This set will allow me to create a Christmas diorama which I can easily bring out every December 1st to show some sort of festive spirit.

DecemDave

LOADS of possibilities.
https://militaryhistorynow.com/2019/12/20/the-war-over-christmas-15-famous-battles-that-were-fought-during-the-holidays/

I've put one on my next wish list for Washington attacking those (hungover) Hessians I just bought.  Just need lots of barrels and wine bottles as well.

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 23 December 2023, 07:39:30 PMI've just ordered a Christmas set on the day before Christmas Eve.

Sometimes, I question my life choices.

For example, I'm now researching elf costumes. 

So you have all year to paint it

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

QuoteSo you have all year to paint it

I have this fond image of myself as being quite logical. I will read a book or see a film or something and think "well, the war of the Bronze Nose Flute is quite interesting, let me research ..." I then go off and research the period, draw up oob's, seek out contempory images for dress detail, scour the Pendraken list for suitable proxies ...

In reality this is only partially true. I feel that sometimes Milady (for I am certain she has a special interest in me ... the way Sylvester has a special interest in Tweety Pie) bestirs herself from her silken chaise, and stretches languidly. She eyes the succulent sweet meats and delicate fruits her hand-maids offer her and dismisses them with a casual wave of a dimpled hand. She taps a full scarlet lip with a perectly manicured nail, the smiles that impish smile.

"My love!" she calls. The spine of every husband hearing such a call is immediately stiffened.  "My love" she calls again, honey dripping from every syllable, "why don't you do a Christmas set?"

She lowers her magnificently coiffuired mane so she can look at her spouse from beneath her delicately arched brows.

"Christmas ... pleasssse ... " the bottom lip pouts beautifully. The Dark Lord, Ruler of the Under Surfaces, Sable Souled Conqueror of the Middle Borough, Enslaver of Crafting Dwarves, is lost.

"Yes, my love."  He says.

Milady blows him a kiss and then turns, her blood-red gown sweeping like the wing of a hunting eagle ... that has been dyed red.

She smiles with true delight, then unable to contain her joy she laughs - a sound not of merriment, but of vindictive pleasure.

"I'm sorry, my love?" queries the Dark Lord.
"Nothing My Love, carry on with the dishes."

Back in her boudoir, Milady wafts her dimpled neck with perfumes from the far Land of the Sunders. Staring at her impossibly beautiful face in the mirror, she permits herself another laugh.
"Got you Nobby!"

Leon

QuoteIn reality this is only partially true. I feel that sometimes Milady (for I am certain she has a special interest in me ... the way Sylvester has a special interest in Tweety Pie) bestirs herself from her silken chaise, and stretches languidly. She eyes the succulent sweet meats and delicate fruits her hand-maids offer her and dismisses them with a casual wave of a dimpled hand. She taps a full scarlet lip with a perectly manicured nail, the smiles that impish smile.
Back in her boudoir, Milady wafts her dimpled neck with perfumes from the far Land of the Sunders. Staring at her impossibly beautiful face in the mirror, she permits herself another laugh.
"Got you Nobby!"

Yep, that's about it!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno 3

I'll do this later

fsn