10mm A song of Drums and Shakos

Started by Corso, 07 September 2023, 01:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corso

07 September 2023, 01:14:20 PM Last Edit: 07 September 2023, 01:22:37 PM by Corso
Anyone play it? I used to play in 20mm but I'm thinking of giving it a go in 10mm.

It's pretty low miniature count but I was wondering about giving it a go with multiple figures on a single base as each character.

It's really an excuse to give Naps in 10mm a go without a massive commitment. I plan to mix Pendraken with Newline to maximise individuality

I really enjoyed painting the 20mm and am wondering how well I can match them in 10mm

2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Your 20's look superb. I will enjoy seeing what you do with 10's.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

fred.

I've done Sharpe Practice in 10mm, enjoyed painting the figures, and playing the games. Around 50 figures aside. I went with the same figure counts as in 28mm - I think the games looked better, ranges and unit footprints looked a lot more sensible than the rather odd 6 figures in 2 ranks of the 28mm units. 

I'm not sure what the figure count of ASODS is but multiple 10mm figures on a 25mm round base would look good, with the same number of bases as in 28mm. 

I too like the look of your 20mm Rifles!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Last Hussar

I tried to convince my son 40k would make more sense if he put 3 10mm on a base, and be cheaper.

Turns out he's a wargamer, so wouldn't listen.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Corso

08 September 2023, 08:56:45 AM #4 Last Edit: 08 September 2023, 09:02:06 AM by Corso
Thanks for the comments, they are newline and almost paint thems3lves with the level of detail, hoping a mix of them and pendraken will be equally good.

These were some custom characters I made

And the Regular Brits paint up well too

Figure count is small, less than 10 a side so if I buy a few packs I'll have plenty to try different figure options

I'm thinning 2-3 per base

I did think about sharp practice but I'm a solo gamer
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!