10mm 1809 Talavera Spanish

Started by xccam, 05 June 2015, 07:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xccam

Hi all, I've been working towards a 10mm collection of troops for the Battle of Talavera (my french army is represented elsewhere in the forum) and have begun work on the Spanish contingent and just wanted to post up my results so far, General Cuesta and Zayas' 1st Division.

All figures are 10mm Magister Militium, except for Cuesta's carriage which is a Pendraken 17/18th century carriage, pulled by some of Pendraken's supply mules. Cuesta had been injured at the battle of Medellin and so was forced to travel around in a carriage pulled by some mules, and I think it makes for a nice and different command base. As you look at them the infantry on the left represent Militia and the 2 other units represent regular units of varying qualities, conscript (centre) and trained (right).

Some other pictures are available in this (and a previous) blog post
http://xccamminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/spanish-updates.html

Steve J

Very nice work indeed 8). Might I be so bold as to suggest printed labels on the bases? I think they would look neater IMHO.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Excellent stuff !!  :-bd
Most impressive !
Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Glorfindel

Beautiful work, especially when you remember that these are only 10mm...
The detail on the Infantry Regiments is superb.

I would second the suggestion about labelling.   Perhaps include a national
flag on the label as well as the name - that would really set it off.

I have tried this on some 6mm figures :

http://s761.photobucket.com/user/glorfindel-666/media/Great%20Northern%20War/IMG_0904.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0#/user/glorfindel-666/media/Great%20Northern%20War/IMG_0904.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0&_suid=14335846239520702214714978203

With a large Spanish flag, I imagine it would look pretty special.

Cheers,

Phil

fred.

Very nice.
Is the left hand regiment in top hats?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

xccam

Thanks guys!
I will probably update the labels in the future, I especially like the idea of adding a little flag!

@fred 12df yes, those militia are wearing Top Hats

Nosher

Super minis and painting.

I have a French MM army and its lovely. I would love to collect a Spanish Napoleonic Army but baulk at MM's cost per pack which is way beyond my financial clout.

Now if only Pendraken rehashed their Spanish Naps range....
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

xccam

I finished this Spanish army over the last couple of days.

A couple of other images are available on my blog at http://xccamminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/the-army-of-estremadura.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are gorgeous! Top work sir!8)

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Quote from: xccam on 06 June 2015, 12:32:45 PM
I will probably update the labels in the future, I especially like the idea of adding a little flag!

The flags are a nice touch :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno