First LoA battle

Started by Sandinista, 13 April 2015, 06:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandinista

13 April 2015, 06:08:53 PM Last Edit: 13 April 2015, 06:17:03 PM by Sandinista
Some pics of the first outing of these forces played at my local club. Sadly the French succumbed to greater numbers after a stiff fight. As usual I got to engrossed in the game and stopped taking pictures with my phone :-)

We used Pike & Shotte rules and it gave a great game fought to a conclusion in 3 hours. It felt right too, no odd results in combat.

Cheers
Ian

Sandinista

The French

Sandinista

More of the French

Sandinista

More French

Sandinista

French centre

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Hear, hear.....
It sounded as though you enjoyed it, Ian ?
Cheers - Phil

Mickey Sims

Great pics Ian, they look fantastic en-masse. look forward to seeing more. As I always say, 'I can make them look good, but I can't make them win for you', but I'm glad to here you enjoyed the game.

petercooman

toxicpixie

Looks cracking!

Did you use any amendments/special rules?

We play with the "And Blenheim Palace" extras for WSS-ish as mentioned before from Last Hussar, using P&S as our "base", and it gives a crackin game :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

getagrip

Superb work as always.  :-bd
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Steve J

Sandinista

We used P&S as written, we saw no point in changing anything for the 1st game.

Cheers
Ian

fred.

A great looking game - really has a grand sweep to it.

The figures look really good up close.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

toxicpixie

Quote from: Sandinista on 13 April 2015, 09:27:22 PM
We used P&S as written, we saw no point in changing anything for the 1st game.

Cheers
Ian

Spot on, we played for a fair few games before we started tweaking - there's not a lot needs fiddling with, but we're inveterate tinkerers. But I always try to make sure we play a fair few games as is before fiddling otherwise you do t know what your're fiddling with :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting