A complete Muppet writes.

Started by Techno, 23 April 2014, 10:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Well...

This morning, I have a face the colour of a tomato.... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
MONTHS ago...Leon sent me back some bits and bobs for finishing off/converting.
In with that packet was supposed to be the Falklands' mortar chap that I needed to tweak.

No he definitely wasn't in there....Looked and looked...took all the packaging out...No...He's definitely not in there.

To cut a long story short....Leon was convinced it wasn't at PD Towers....I was convinced it wasn't here. (I have to admit, I was beginning to wonder whether it HAD turned up here...I'd dropped it on the floor and lost it in a 'hoovering' session.)

Anyway...This morning I again went through some of the little plastic boxes that  use to send soldiers up to Leon.
Box 1.....One small piece of foam....Empty apart from that.
Box 2....Completely empty
Box 3....A piece of folded kitchen towel (CLEAN !) and a bit of bubble wrap..

Not there either.....Take out kitchen towel....Box empty...Look at bubble wrap....Nope....Bubble wrap doesn't have anything in it.
Go to put bubble wrap back in box.......Something drops on the floor.....

You can guess !.....Almost as though it had dropped out of warp space.
As well as being SO embarrassed for worrying Leon (and wasting his time) I'm absolutely bemused why I didn't see the wee chap any of the times I've looked.....Must be four or five times I've checked - TO MAKE SURE I HAVEN'T GOT IT !

I don't believe in entities such as the 'Cosmic Joker'......But if it was him.....Ha, ha, bloody ha !

I've sent Leon a 'huge apology' email.....But I'm posting this as
a) A public apology, and
b) To make sure Leon spots this in case the email doesn't turn up !!

Cheers - A Stupid Muppet  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

FierceKitty

Now we need to find out where the Aztecs have been mislaid, of course.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

A 10mm figure? I can fail to spot things hundreds of times bigger :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So want that mortar!!! Please don't lose it again!
Just had a High Elf general 'reappear' after being AWOL all weekend, feel you pain dude. :'(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Quote from: Ithoriel on 23 April 2014, 10:50:23 AM
A 10mm figure? I can fail to spot things hundreds of times bigger :)

Yeah, like the bright yellow Citroen I nearly broadsided the other day.  :o :o :o :o :o
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 23 April 2014, 10:44:24 AM
Now we need to find out where the Aztecs have been mislaid, of course.

Ask Cortez........and stop MOANING about them.  :D

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Dear Mr Techno

I have noticed this effect in Pendraken products.

Just charge the little blighter with being AWOL. In fact, you could make some court martial figures ... "Carrington VC" anyone?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

I recently found SEVERAL BOXES OF 28MM FIGURES which I had mislaid!  ;D ;D ;D   At least it saved yet more expense. My mate has mislaid an entire 10mm SYW French Army!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nosher

If you want something found ask the wife/girlfriend - don't ever ask a bloke to look :o
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Ithoriel

Quote from: Nosher on 23 April 2014, 12:52:11 PM
If you want something found ask the wife/girlfriend

Possible answers to "Have you seen ...." are "Yes" or "No."  "Where did you last see it?" isn't an answer, it's a provocation.  >:(
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Hmmm. Isn't "Where did you have it last?" the one that makes you wonder whether divorce is such a bad idea?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 23 April 2014, 10:31:55 AM
I've sent Leon a 'huge apology' email.....But I'm posting this as
a) A public apology, and
b) To make sure Leon spots this in case the email doesn't turn up !!

Thanks for the post (and the email!), I'm just glad to hear he's turned up safely!  I was starting to think one of the kids had swiped him when they were in the office, so I was half expecting to find him doing duty in a Lego castle at home...  :D

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Fenton

Does 10mm work with Lego?...Interesting
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

It's better with 3mm - 2 bricks make a nice terrace (after a paint job0.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

kustenjaeger

Talking of muppets - 10 days ago I

(a) decided to use a different green colour as a base colour on the bases of some of my SYW - and promptly found out it wasn't quite right (fixable but a pain)

(b) needed to repaint 2 French SYW guns with blue-grey carriages from red (which would have been pre-SYW) - and promptly repainted 2 Hanoverian gun models instead which should have remained red ... (again fixable but embarassing).

Regards

Edward