Help - American flags AWI - Guilford Courthouse

Started by paulr, 20 December 2013, 10:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Hi All,

hopefully some of you can point me at some good flag resources for American units at the Battle of Guilford Courthouse.

Finding info on the British and German flags has been very straightforward. :) The Americans on the other hand ....   =) ???>:( :'(

Has anyone pulled together the fragmentary information and wild speculation anywhere? What I'm hoping for is suggested flags for most of the American units involved in Guilford Courthouse.

Hopefully,
Paul

PS In process of basing the current batch of 23 cavalry, 3 officers and 24 infantry. Preping the next 92 infantry (Lee's Partizan Legion Infantry & Stevens' Virginia Militia Brigade)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Try Vaubanner. He will scale down to 10mm. Or ask Dazza and Andymac.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Lots of flags here, but not sure if any are relevant. Worth a look though.

http://grimsbywargamessociety.webs.com/

marshall1945

not looked for these flags but I know the problem from my Napoleonics. I have given up buying them to be honest and there are lots of useful sites on the web. I just then print them myself and they look great (just decent quality white injet paper). My Naps are 6mm but the scale up to 10mm should still give a good effect. This site seems to have some AWI stuff

http://www.warflag.com/flags/select.shtml
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Quote from: marshall1945 on 23 December 2013, 04:41:34 PM
... there are lots of useful sites on the web. I just then print them myself and they look great ...

There are indeed lots of useful sites on the web and printing them myself works fine. I have sorted all the British & German flags I will need this way.

The challenge for the Americans is all the sites I have found so far seem to have different subsets of the same 15-20 flags, most from the earlier part of the war and the northern states as well  :'(

Dazza has replied to my message with some helpful suggestions, Andymac's mailbox is full

Thanks for the help, the search continues,
Paul
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!