test model for my paras, opinioins please!

Started by petercooman, 08 December 2013, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Thanks chaps!

I'll see what i can fiddle up from this tonight  :D

petercooman

Ok so had another go, the rifleman is the one from last night, with changed up helmet and webbing. the Stengunner is with a lighter basecoat.

I can honestly say that the modified riflemen looks best to me! The lighter jacket colour takes away much of the camo. It blends more into each other. What do you guys think.?

ronan

Quote from: petercooman on 08 December 2013, 09:31:59 PM
(...)
I can honestly say that the modified riflemen looks best to me! The lighter jacket colour takes away much of the camo. It blends more into each other. What do you guys think.?

I agree, you may have to cheat a little. No one will care !  ;)

fred.

Chap with Sten for me (though the Sten should be much closer to black than silver)

The green webbing changes the look quite a bit too.

There does look to be less brown on the chap with the sten.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Yeah the sten hasn't got the blackwash yet.

Still not sure though  :-\

I'll sleep over it one more time  ;D

Ithoriel

For whatever it's worth to you, in my opinion we are seeing these as if they were about nine inches from our nose. Which is not how we'd look at them in real life. My guess is that from a distance of three to six feet away on the table either or both would look fine.

Whatever paint scheme you eventually decide on, I look forward to both further pictures and some shots of them in action!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Quote from: Ithoriel on 08 December 2013, 11:34:04 PM
My guess is that from a distance of three to six feet away on the table either or both would look fine.

Whatever paint scheme you eventually decide on, I look forward to both further pictures and some shots of them in action!

Thx!

i am still pondering wich one i will take, but i guess you are right.