Battle of Mill Springs

Started by Oathman, 01 November 2013, 08:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oathman

Hi all

I am in the process of painting up some regiments for this battle. The battle for Mill Springs is a battle during the American Civil War. I have started with the confederate 15th Mississippi regiment. Well here are some pictures anyway. The miniatures are for the most part Pendraken but I have also put in some miniatures from another company to get some variation. I still have the bases to do and some matt varnish... and do not forget the Banner!
The pictures are not that good since I don't have camera, but I ail try to take better pictures later on.

Please feel free to visit my blogg about this project at http://theforlornedice.blogspot.se .

Regards/
Conny Edman

Leman

Welcome to the Forum Oathman. Lovely paintwork on those figures. You may be interested in two articles on Mill Springs in issues 28 and 31 of Charge magazine. They are only $2.99 to downloqd from Wargame Vault. Issue 28 presents it as a Johnny Reb III scenario whilst issue 31 is presented as a RF&F scenario. Both are very detailed. To get to the relevant part of the Wargame Vault site type in Johnny in the search box on their home page. Best of luck with your project.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

Quote from: Oathman on 01 November 2013, 08:21:41 PM
The pictures are not that good since I don't have camera, but I ail try to take better pictures later on.

For someone without a camera, they're very good pictures.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

They look nice and wlecome on board Conny.

Hertsblue

Welcome to the forum, Conny. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the army.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Oathman

Thx for the nice welcome gents!

Fsn: You got me there  >:( ;) nice one! Well I don't have a camera but I can take photos with my phone... but i guess you all had that figured out already...

Will post more when I have done some more, so Hertsblue the army will come eventually.

/Conny

Techno

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

kev1964

Hi,

Really nice work, looking forward to seeing more,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Oathman

Well I´m back!

This time I have painted up the 19th Tennessee infantry regiment for the Mill Springs project. The miniatures are a bit shiny since I have gloss varnished them. The matt varnish will be applied when the bases are done. Now I will do the 20th Tennessee regiment with 6 bases. I will also paint the brigade officer that in this case is Zollicoffer who was killed during the engagement at Mill Springs. I have also put on a flag on the 15th Mississippi.

Here are some pictures of the new regiment:

And here is a close up on one base:

Many painters start off with the skin color on there miniatures. I always make that the last paint i put on (except for metal...) I enjoy the POP that happens when the skin tones are painted. From a more mediocre paint job the miniature comes to life an start look like a soldier.

And here is a picture with the skin painted:

Here you have the flag for the 15th Mississippi:

Well that was all for now. Please fell free to visit my blogg and leave a comment. The blogg will be about ACW wargaming in large but for the moment mostly Mill Springs and 10mm wargaming set in the ACW.
http://theforlornedice.blogspot.se

In this tread all strange things will come forth. I have a nasty plan in store and will set it in motion next week, or... well I will make the first orders for some miniatures anyway  :-\

Roll Sixes/
Conny

Techno

Like those a lot !!
Cheers - Phil.

mollinary

Those are really nice. Once they are Matt varnished they will look the BIZZ!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman