Green stuff , what's your experiences with it ?

Started by chalkie, 25 October 2013, 06:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldenBUA

Quote from: Techno on 31 October 2013, 07:13:35 PM
(Hang on..Just a minute.....Chalkie started this...Are he and OldenBUA one and the same....??)

No, I'm not Chalkie. But I had the same sort of questions, as I've not got much experience with all of this. Come to think about it, maybe I had even more basic questions than Chalkie.  :)

Anyway, thanks for the help.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Orcs

Quote from: OldenBUA on 31 October 2013, 03:11:52 PM
Alright, you can all bring on the snide remarks about Techno's tools, now.

Appologies in advance - This was too good to miss. :)

I think we would all like to extend out thanks to Techno for showing us a picture of his tool(s) and greenstuff.  and how he uses them. 

First he Kneads and rubs it until it gets to the right level of stiffness. Then he manipulates it around and with his small pricky thing until he has achieved conception of the master. Which is then reproduced many times to give much joy to others. He has showed us that againts popular belief the smaller tools work better as its what you do with it that is important. 

I will now go and take some of the pills FSN sent me and sit in a darkened room. :)

Serioulsly though,  Thanks Phil it was very informative  :-bd :-bd

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: OldenBUA on 01 November 2013, 07:28:11 AM
No, I'm not Chalkie.

;D ;D ;D.... Sorry OBUA....I was just being daft ! (No change there then.)
If there are other queries, just shout....
There are lots of little tips, which can help make life easier....But as I've droned on in the past.....A lot of this stuff is down to 'experience'.
You almost get a 'feel' for the putty when you've been using it for a while, so you 'know' the best times to do/try certain things on the model...

Just as an example.....If you're trying to do 'neat' lines on a model, it's best to let the putty start curing before you press into it...otherwise the lines can look a bit 'soft'.
HOW LONG you need to let the putty cure is down to factors like the proportional mix of the hardener and the medium....what the temperature is....These can make things vary quite considerably....In a way you just have to experiment. ;).....Now back to 'Orcs' for some more innuendo ! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil.

Orcs

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Orcs

Quote from: Hertsblue on 01 November 2013, 08:13:50 AM
Is there a fan running? If so you're in the toilet....  :D

Only my humour is in the toilet  ;D

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Phil -thanks for all the tips, that's really useful.

Regards

Edward

Orcs

Fenton

hope you didn't waste any of your ration coupons on that sort of joke
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!