Paint Collection

Started by Last Hussar, 08 September 2013, 02:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

Just been sorting out the paints - moving them to the new box

4 greys, 6 (SIX!) greens (+1 repeat), 3 browns, 2 purples, 2 blue, 2 Citadel flesh, 2 citadel flesh wash, 2 black, 1 white, 2 sand yellows, textured mud, 4 silver, 1 gold, 1 copper, 1 tin, 4 washes (green blue red and brown).

NO BLOODY REDS.

How have I got no red?

I have red, along with more paint - artists acrylics etc, but no decent model red.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

You're obviously not into fire-engines, flame-throwers and Father Christmas.  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Fenton

I looked at my collection I only have one red...and only one blue as well...might have to rectify that
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

Of my 152 pots of paint and ink only 8 are any shade of red.

Of all the fabrics and furnishings in my house ... 8 are a shade of red.

Spooky eh?

;D ;D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Fenton

Quote from: Ithoriel on 08 September 2013, 11:29:31 AM
Of my 152 pots of paint and ink only 8 are any shade of red.

Of all the fabrics and furnishings in my house ... 8 are a shade of red.

Spooky eh?

;D ;D

I think it shows you need to be much more careful when shaking them
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Fenton on 08 September 2013, 11:33:29 AM
I think it shows you need to be much more careful when shaking them

But they mix so much better with the pot tops removed  :P
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Serotonin

I seem to have about 20 varying  shades of grey. Why?  :o

Fenton

Quote from: Serotonin on 08 September 2013, 12:01:42 PM
I seem to have about 20 varying  shades of grey. Why?  :o

I see this topic descending into Chaos after that comment

Leman

20 shades of grey - your either a Confederate fanatic or a sado-masochist.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

get2grips

Masochist: "whip me"
Sadist: "no"

:D

petercooman

Quote from: Fenton on 08 September 2013, 12:04:46 PM
I see this topic descending into Chaos after that comment

wait for it waiiitttt for iiiit.....

The book didn't mean you have to paint the bed in many shades of grey, that doesn't work  :P :P :P :P :P :P

Last Hussar

Checked again.  The Green I though was a repeat wasn't.  I then found a repeat Green.

Hopefully with the advent of the Really Useful painting Box I won't keep thinking I need a colour, not knowing I already have it
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Uncle_Cthulu

Being me,
My paints are eclectic and disorganised containing several repeats.
Including 2 of the same salmon pink!
I know i have the french 1809 Macdonalds corp, and some Northern Bolton pike, but when else do i use those, and why did i think i needed another pot!

Hertsblue

It's when you have several shades of black you start wondering if you haven't gone a little over the top....
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net