Additions for the Falkland's range!

Started by Leon, 05 September 2013, 02:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

These ones have been sitting in the unit for a while now, so I thought it was about time I got them photo'd and up for everyone to see!  We'll be getting these moulded over the next few weeks hopefully, and might have them ready around Nov time I'd think.

Argentinians

50cal:

90mm Recoilless Rifle:

Generic artillery crew:

Generic mortar crew:

British

50mm mortar and M79 Grenade launcher:

66mm LAW and GPMG on tripod:

Generic artillery crew:

Gurkhas:

L4A2 Bren:

Hope you like them!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

BH62

Very interesting Leon. What's about the field gun ?
BH62
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2014 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Will they be ready for Warfare if I order some?  :D excellent Techno!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Thanks Will.
I just hope some won't cause Dave too many probs, casting wise.
Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

Very nice but it looks like the 2" mortar chaps is missing his left arm, or am I missing something :-\.?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

What's the brass rod coming off the top of the mortar for? The only thing I can think of is a feed to make the mould run smoothly.

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 05 September 2013, 03:15:37 PM
Very nice but it looks like the 2" mortar chaps is missing his left arm, or am I missing something :-\.?

Quote from: mad lemmey on 05 September 2013, 03:21:51 PM
He's holding the shell in two hands.

Quote from: Steve J on 05 September 2013, 03:15:37 PM

Yep, he's holding the shell in two hands, and the bit of brass rod you can see is actually the barrel of his rifle, which is slung over his shoulder!  Bad angle for the photo there, apologies for that!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Where's David Bailey when you need him ;)?

fsn

Gurkha's eyes are a bit round aren't they?  And none of the Brits has a moustache!  :P

These are flippin' brilliant!

I may have to move the Falklands into my list of "acceptable" wars.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Why do lots of the 'greens' have blue hands? Both on these and the Mongols.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

petercooman

Quote from: fred    12df on 05 September 2013, 06:37:51 PM

It's a promotional thing, you know, for the movie smurfs 2

:P :P :P :P :P

Leon

Different types of putty being used for different bits of the figure.  Techno can probably explain better than me the reasons behind it.

8)

Quote from: petercooman on 05 September 2013, 07:23:23 PM
It's a promotional thing, you know, for the movie smurfs 2

:D

Techno

Hi Fred.
I sometimes use different coloured putties, as I find it easier to see what I'm doing...and also as the different mixes have a different 'feel'...which I find easier to use.....especially on 'small bits' of models.
I mix the blue of 'green stuff' with the 'white' of ProCreate.....It gives a slightly firmer putty to work with.
(I'll also mix the black of PC with the yellow of GS for a similar effect....though I don't find that yukky brown colour as easy 'on the eye'.

I'll also mix Magic Sculp in a 50/50 ratio with other variations of putty to give a really soft working putty, which I find useful for things like fur and hair.

Hope that helps.
Cheers - Phil