'First Look' at the new Mongols!!!

Started by Leon, 05 September 2013, 02:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

kev1964

They look damn fine to me, sculpts, and a very nice paint job,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

QuoteIt's very much down to the best 'compromise'.

Absolutely right. As long as the figure, tank, building etc look right, then I think the job has been well done.

Techno

Blimey...That was particularly quick off the mark 'Shedman' .....Great stuff ! :-bd
Cheers - Phil.

TinyTerrain

Mine havent arrived yet, so it will be saturday before I get my mitts on them.
  :'(
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Quickdraw Mcgraw Shedman  <)

Nicely done  :)

Dave Fielder

Gonna sit next to the post box all day .... :-\
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

get2grips

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

They're here.

Lovely sculpts Phil: stunning. :)

Techno

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

John Cook

They look very good.  I don't know much about the Mongols, except that their 'invasions' took place roughly during the 13th/14th centuries.  I don't see much in the way of Asian/Eastern European opponents in the present Pendraken ranges - perhaps I've missed something.  What are people intending to pit their Mongols against?

fred.

The new Mongols feature a couple of times in the new Miniature Wargames - including as a prize in this month's comp.

There is also a really nice team photo of all the figures - is this one you can post Leon?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

marie

Fabulous Leon, that has cheered me up...can`t wait to get mine......

Subedai

Just to let you know the Mongols arrived the other day, (thanks very much), and despite what I wrote on my blog I just couldn't resist painting some. I will be posting the pictures both on this forum, as soon as the first unit is done (21 heavy cavalry -will be finished this weekend at the latest.) The little chaps look even better than in the pictures on your forum and they paint up a treat. Well impressed. The only niggle is the peg underneath the horses belly. I know it's a vent but on the galloping figures it's a bu**er to get at to remove and a so-and-so to paint because the hooves are so close together. But that's my only criticism. Otherwise the detail is crisp, excellent for such small fellas and there is only minimal flash. (Russians next, eh?)  :D  :D

Quote from: John Cook on 23 January 2014, 03:47:46 PM
They look very good.  I don't know much about the Mongols, except that their 'invasions' took place roughly during the 13th/14th centuries.  I don't see much in the way of Asian/Eastern European opponents in the present Pendraken ranges - perhaps I've missed something.  What are people intending to pit their Mongols against?

The Later Medieval range, mixed in with some from the Norman and Saxon ranges make very reasonable Polish and Hungarians (pics in the Gallery and on my blog); the Arab range will do admirably for Mamluks and Khwarazmians and the Mongols themselves will do for...wait for it...other steppe nomad tribes before and during the forging of the nation by Chinggis Qan.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

get2grips

You see...with a name like Subedai...you know he's going to do a cracking job with the Mongols don't you? :)