Cheers - Phil.

ryman1

Quote from: Techno on 27 June 2013, 02:01:47 PM
An old jam-jar with a lid ?
Just a thought. ;)
Cheers - Phil.

;D

Now I just look silly.
I was thinking more along the lines of holding a fig in one hand, a quick spray, brush off then pick up another without having to unscrew a jar every time.
There's method in the madness  :)

Cheers

Ry

Techno

You just want to inhale minute droplets of acetone, don't you Ry ? :P ;) ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil.

Albie Bach

I expect you know this but a word of warning that acetone is extremely flammable.
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

ryman1

Quote from: Techno on 27 June 2013, 03:38:25 PM
You just want to inhale minute droplets of acetone, don't you Ry ? :P ;) ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil.

;D

I've been rumbled!
To top it off albie comes along with the fire hazard line and spoils my plans to smoke it. :(

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 16 June 2013, 05:26:16 PM
Well that was a disappointment. With the subject "of stripping figs", I thought ...

FSN - Sir ! you are a pervert 

BUT

That was my thought too when I eagerly opened the post  :d :d :d :d

Remember Perversion only starts where normality ends - Its up to you to draw the line  ;)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: ryman1 on 27 June 2013, 10:22:10 AM
Just got the electric tootbrush out, dipping it in nail varnish remover and placing it on the fig is even better than before!  :)

Now off to ebay to look for badly painted figs going for peanuts that I can repaint and flog. mwah ha ha, world domination pending 8->

There are other more interesting uses for an electric toothbrush - somI have been told  ;)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: Albie Bach on 27 June 2013, 03:55:40 PM
I expect you know this but a word of warning that acetone is extremely flammable.

Well worth pointing out Albie....EXTREMELY flammable.
Cheers - Phil.

sebigboss79

To chime in:

Acetone/White Spirit for MEtal ONLY.
For safety reasons try Isopropanol first.

Poggle

Useful tips, thanks for sharing.  :)

Vulpine

Nitromorse every time!

Not on plastic however.
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

get2grips

Own brand Dettol for me.  Pack the minis into a jam jar just big enough for them and fill almost to the top with Dettol.  Screw the lid on tight and put it somewhere away from kids (this stuff is evil).  I place mine in the downstairs toilet and give it a spin everytime...well you know.

Give it a week or so and then go at them with a toothbrush under a running tap.  WEAR RUBBER GLOVES unless you're planning a bank job cos you'll remove your fingertips too.

WeeWars

← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

get2grips

Managed to take paint someone had spilled on their floor with it too!  (for god's sake test a small patch first  X_X)

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: get2grips on 14 August 2013, 05:31:14 PM
Own brand Dettol for me.  Pack the minis into a jam jar just big enough for them and fill almost to the top with Dettol.  Screw the lid on tight and put it somewhere away from kids (this stuff is evil).  I place mine in the downstairs toilet and give it a spin everytime...well you know.

Give it a week or so and then go at them with a toothbrush under a running tap.  WEAR RUBBER GLOVES unless you're planning a bank job cos you'll remove your fingertips too.

Giving this method a go, only with Lidl W5 multi-purpose cleaner because it's what I had to had.

Seems to be doing the trick and doesn't seem to have effected the super-glue holding one of the figures on a base either yet.

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )