My AWI progress

Started by ryman1, 09 April 2013, 01:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryman1

Just (almost) finished my first regiment and realised at the last minute that I'd painted a Brit standard bearer in Brunswick colours so the 2nd standard is missing.

Regiment Von Riedesel - Brunswick contingent

I'll keep this thread going with my progress as I get the armies painted, criticism is more than welcome as I want to improve with each regiment.

Cheers

Ry

Leon

That's nice tidy work, thanks for posting the pics!  

As a bit of feedback (although this depends on your own tastes and the look you're going for), maybe lighten up the bare patches on the bases, just to make them 'pop' a bit more?  Like Dazza's here:

Other than that, awesome work.

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ryman1

Yep, agreed the light basing stands out and brings the figures 'off the base'.
I used the fine sand you sent me and to the naked eye it's brilliant with a mud brown but will definitely need to lighten it as Dazza has done and throw on a few grass tufts.

Cheers for the kind words.

Ry

kev1964

Very  very nice Ry, the crossbelts are looking crisp, like Leon says, perhaps a few tufts to make them stand out more apart from that, spot on.
Just had my americans arrive yesterday ( cheers Leon /Dave , great castings) so looking forward to starting them soon,  looking forward to seeing your progress with more of these,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

maciek

Very decent figures.
1. Try to do "black lining" thinner, actualy a very thin line paralel to the detail of figure.
2. Try to paint all lines (belts etc.) of constant width.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Very nice Ry, I think they measure up very well.  On the basing, I find the Baccus Basing kit is a good and simple way of lifting the bases (I think mine are much improved) and it works as well for 10mm as 6mm.  You might want to use slightly coarser grain sand, and it is not necessary to use all the coats, but the idea is simple, and well explained, and I think you can get the paints separately from the set if you wish. Have a look at their website.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Techno

Those look terrific Ry !! :-bd
Cheers - Phil.

goat major

excellent!!! very neat and effective
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

General Bt Sherman

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

BH62

Very nice. I look forward to the next work....!
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2014 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ryman1

Thanks for the tips and compliments all  :)
Mollinary, I'll check that out, it sounds promising.

cheers

GordonY

Those are absolutely stunning good sir, but in my head I hear a small voice screaming "how long will it take to get both sides ready for the table?"

But then again, I'm one of those chaps who would (almost) be satisfied by spraying one side red and the other blue.

Nosher

Quote from: GordonY on 10 April 2013, 08:18:53 AM
But then again, I'm one of those chaps who would (almost) be satisfied by spraying one side red and the other blue.

Reminds me of my first foray into wargaming with lead soldiers - 2mm Napoleonics from Irregular. They were sprayed red and blue and are still in their tobacco tins in the attic!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Looking good, Ry  8)

Quote from: Nosher on 10 April 2013, 09:17:07 AM
2mm Napoleonics from Irregular. They were sprayed red and blue and are still in their tobacco tins in the attic!

Dig 'em out Nosher - you know you want to  ;) Or send 'em to me & I'll add some detail for you (just finished my 2mm SYW Austrians & Prussians for Maurice  :))