My First 10mm Napoleonics

Started by Patch_G, 07 January 2013, 02:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patch_G

Some Napoleonic German Austrians and Frenchies (Unit standard to be attached!) I used a slightly thinned Army Painter Dip to shade these. Works really well I think. Adds a battle worn look and speeds up army painting as you only need a base coat then dip. Photos look a little dark due to the macro without ringflash.

Techno

Lovely work Patch. 8)
Excellent example of how the dip works in the close up shot....Most impressive ! :-bd
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

nikharwood

Very nice Patch - and welcome to the forum  :)

Hertsblue

Excellent work, Patch. Welcome to the forum.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sarmation

really cool i like them great work...which rules you use..

Womble67

Hi there
          I must admit I much prefer the unit to look dirty rather than pristine I use Ronseal dark oak varnish on all of my troops. I think these are brilliant well done.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

HPFlashman

Splendid looking unit, those ffellows... :)
Best regards,

Harry

sebastosfig

seano1815

They look great... well done Sir :D

Patch_G

18 February 2013, 10:49:57 AM #12 Last Edit: 18 February 2013, 10:53:21 AM by Patch_G
Thanks for all the kind words and welcome! More images coming soon of some WWI, WWII and some Napoleonic cavalry I've been struggling with!

As for rules, one person asked above, Im in the final stages of writing some with a colleague of mine. We are very excited about them and are getting a beta set ready to unleash on the unwashed masses very soon via this very forum! They are designed with 10mm in mind, but can be scaled to others and can also cope with multiple periods. They are simple to learn yet complicated to master (as with any good rule set) and we are very excited to get a circle of play testers giving them a go, in order for us to get them finalised and published. Look out for a more official announcement over the next few months, and a Kickstarter project to follow, in the mean time let me know if your interested in being involved in the beta testing and getting your name (or even figure collections) into the published rules!

Patch_G

An Austrian column advances into the teeth of a French line. They are taking fire from a hidden Austrian line on the left flank.. can the column form up under fire or be driven back down the road, leaving the Austrian unit isolated?

Hertsblue

Depends how well-trained the column is, I'd say, bearing in mind the French are already occupied with another Austrian unit. But you've solved this conundrum already, haven't you?

Nice set up, by the way.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net