Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Quote from: FierceKitty on 17 February 2015, 12:21:02 PM
I thought you were pushing a few boundaries there. I believe von Ziethen was broken to the ranks once or twice, wasn't he?

He was certainly cashiered once. He was also very quick-tempered and fought over 70 duels.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Subedai

I've heard of Camel Toe but I'd never heard Moose Knuckles before, made me chuckle. Almost as good as Budgie Smugglers.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Hertsblue on 18 February 2015, 08:27:04 PM
He was certainly cashiered once. He was also very quick-tempered and fought over 70 duels.

He'd have made a good wargamer.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

Roy

Yoda's advice to Luke Skywalker after a new edition of a rules book was released...

Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Hertsblue

A larger version of that is stuck to my wargames room door.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Last Hussar

UKIP want to get rid of Doctor Who - Farage says the Beeb shouldn't do Entertainment.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

True !
Thank goodness for the DVD player.
Speaking of which.....Anyone else watched 'The Battle of the Five Armies', recently ?
Have to admit I found it somewhat tedious. (Though I'll probably watch it again in a few months, and think it was brilliant.)
Cheers - Phil

Fenton

Quote from: Last Hussar on 03 May 2015, 06:14:48 PM
UKIP want to get rid of Doctor Who - Farage says the Beeb shouldn't do Entertainment.
That will be the end of UKIP party election broadcasts as well then
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Last Hussar

Quote from: fsn on 03 May 2015, 06:18:25 PM
Most nights, they don't.
You are confusing 'entertaining' with 'of interest to you'. Do you really want to be stuck with ITV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3q2iZuU5WM

GNU PTerry

fsn

Point taken.

I am a great supporter of BBC Radio, and there are a number of excellent programs on the TV channels - "Only Connect", "Sherlock", "The Musketeers" - and the factual programs are always good - Sunday morning has the triple whammy of Marr, "Big Questions" and "Sunday Politics" which just calls for a relaxed breakfast.  

However, there is a fair amount of dross on. Look at BBC1 today: 2 lots of Match of the Day, Bargain Hunt, Escape to the Country, Songs of Praise, repeat of Pointless Celebrities, Countryfile, Antiques Roadshow, touching drama about cancer then two more football programs.  Only thing worth watching there is the C word which has the ever watchable Sheridan Smith, but I won't because I'd just cry.

If they'd just give up showing any sport and spent the money on proper programs then I'd be happy.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

There are lots of people who think the BBC should show more football!  Unfortunately there are a lot of people who like the filler, and they need it because making high quality drama is very expensive.

Did you see The Game on Thursday?  Proper 'Smillie' territory: it looked like it was taking place in the same organisation at the Gary Oldman film?  I might rewatch the first episode, just to see what I missed, or maybe watch it all week on week and then binge it again at the end, to see what links where!

GNU PTerry