Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Oh, I wouldn't put any faith in Noah's new-fangled contraption.

Enki gave Utnapishtim perfectly good instructions first time around.

Irving Finkel's downsized reconstruction of Utnapishtim's version from the "Ark Tablet" is not the ark most are used to ....

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

That explains no dinosaurs - no way they'd fit on a vessel that size
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Last Hussar

I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Techno 3

Is that an ark ?
Or an oversized coracle ?
I'll do this later

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno 3 on 09 October 2024, 10:28:22 AMIs that an ark ?
Or an oversized coracle ?

Yes, to both! :)

However the one in the image is a scaled down version of the Ark described in the "Ark Tablet." Film budgets only stretch so far.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

Well the BBC weather online forecast shows hurricane force winds here, coming in from the NE, at 4959 mph. I think there might be a fault :-\ .

Ithoriel

Quote from: Steve J on 10 October 2024, 06:50:21 AMWell the BBC weather online forecast shows hurricane force winds here, coming in from the NE, at 4959 mph. I think there might be a fault :-\ .

I'm hoping that either a) that should read 49 - 59 mph or b) that you live in an underground bunker, Fallout style! :)

fred.

It was reading at over 12000 mph this morning locally.

Feeling this is a bug - as we are still here...
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

WE are not that bad 8575, there be a bug !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno 3

QuoteWell the BBC weather online forecast shows hurricane force winds here, coming in from the NE, at 4959 mph. I think there might be a fault :-\ .

HAH !!....That's nothing..Our BBC app forecast is for NE winds of 16,688 mph all day,  (I've even saved a screenshot.) ;)
The forecast temperatures DO seem to be correct..or at least believable. :)
I'll do this later

Steve J

Nottingham I think was forecast to be 404C, so a tad toasty!

Last Hussar

Quote from: Steve J on 10 October 2024, 04:54:31 PMNottingham I think was forecast to be 404C, so a tad toasty!
Temperature not found?

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

It's being a day at work...

Senior on Secondment: "Head Office are asking [x, y, z]
Me: "have Head Office ever considered ####ing off?"
Laughter from Office where Head of Department is sitting followed by "Email Head Office with that suggestion. CC me in, so I can say this is the first I've heard of it."

GNU PTerry

T13A

Hi

Funny/Weird Things You Notice:

Just watching a recording of one of my favourite TV programmes, 'Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing', and noticed that Bob Mortimer had a tee shirt on at one point with the one word printed on it, 'WORRHAMUH'.  :-\

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!