Blather, Waffle and Poppycock!

Started by Leon, 24 February 2013, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Read the first volume of 50 and got halfwauy through the second, then decided I'd had enough. If she uttered another "Oh my!" she'd have got a good slap.........oh, wait a minute.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Last Hussar

I got halfway through before I gave up.  Didn't even get to any of the rude bits.  Who the hell writes in first person present?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Roy

Quote from: Last Hussar on 15 February 2015, 04:59:50 AM
I got halfway through before I gave up.  Didn't even get to any of the rude bits.  Who the hell writes in first person present?

On reading this, Roy decided that the novel wouldn't be for him, as he couldn't abide novels written in the first person.

Realising he still needed to paint some figures, Roy stopped writing this post and ...
Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

cbr3d.com

Affraid all I seem to think of whenever I read the title 'Shades of Grey' are classics such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8

I must be getting REALLY OLD or of course my taste has just matured and knowing the book wouldn't contain anything new!   ;)

getagrip

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 15 February 2015, 11:32:14 AM
On reading this, Roy decided that the novel wouldn't be for him, as he couldn't abide novels written in the first person.

Realising he still needed to paint some figures, Roy stopped writing this post and ...

;D

In Getagrip's opinion, this doesn't quite work really.  Getagrip thinks the forum might become even more silly were everyone to do it.

Ithoriel

"That's cos you're pirates! And ever since pirates – begins – pirates only speaks in the present tense, does pirates! First man on this ship as uses the past or pluperfect tense dies where he stands!"

- Pirate Training Day sketch from The Million Pound Radio Show

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

getagrip

Quote from: Ithoriel on 15 February 2015, 12:01:49 PM
"That's cos you're pirates! And ever since pirates – begins – pirates only speaks in the present tense, does pirates! First man on this ship as uses the past or pluperfect tense dies where he stands!"

- Pirate Training Day sketch from The Million Pound Radio Show
Show

Well Getagrip stands 'ere corrected and no mistake  :D

Westmarcher

;D =D> ;D

Good stuff.

... except .... er ..... Last Hussar didn't write in the first person present ... but good fun nevertheless! I know, I am a party pooper.  :P

(I got am halfway through before and I gave am giving up.  Didn't I am not even get to at any of the rude bits.  Who the hell writes in first person present?)

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

getagrip

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Westmarcher

;D =D>
(.... Mrs W too!)

Although I notices the Cap'n saying 'buried' and 'dragged' - there bees double standards, methinks.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.