Post War/Modern Africa

Started by jeffb, 03 February 2013, 06:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffb

Hi,
Having spent my childhood in East Africa, i have an interest in wargaming post war to Modern Conflicts, i also have an interest in African conservation and i try and wargame this.
          Just wondering if there are plans to produce some generic African Militia, Ultra Modern British/French Infantry etc. As regards wargaming an African conservation scenario, i know there are Rhinos, African Elephants but what about other big game? Buffalos, Giraffes, Hippos, any plans to extend the animal range?  For Game Wardens, the Australians in the Vietnam range would be ideal, is there a photo of these figures? Finally what figures to use for a Big Game Hunters?

Any help, much appreciated.

Jeff
Wigan turnin Blue-My arse!!!
The future is bright, the future is Cherry & White
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872
Wigan RLFC not just a religion
RIP Marley, Bob, you'll always be my babies xxxxx

petercooman

Welcome!!

You may want to check out this thread ;)

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1822.0.html

I think he says somewhere that it are dismounted british from the Boer war. Hope that helps!

jeffb

Cheers  ;),
Noticed in the Vietnam range, there is a water buffalo, is there a pic of this? Might be easy to convert to a Cape Buffalo.

Jeff
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872

petercooman

03 February 2013, 10:46:48 PM #3 Last Edit: 03 February 2013, 10:49:06 PM by petercooman
I haven't seen them, but found this on the interwebs : p

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ranfred/7474997958/in/photostream

nikharwood

jeffb

Cheers for that. The Water Buffalo looks like it can be converted to a Cape Bufalo, quite easily. :-bd and i like the look of the Aussies, they would make ideal Game Wardens armed with SLR's.

Cheers again.

Jeff
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872

FierceKitty

No ways. As easy to turn a Tiger tank into a Jaguar Suit-Wearer. They're very different animals.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

jeffb

04 February 2013, 05:15:27 PM #7 Last Edit: 04 February 2013, 05:28:33 PM by jeffb
Quote from: FierceKitty on 04 February 2013, 10:37:43 AM
No ways. As easy to turn a Tiger tank into a Jaguar Suit-Wearer. They're very different animals.

Even at this scale. For my purposes, they make an ideal proxy with minor adjutments.
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872