Some more WW1 ideas

Started by J.S., 02 February 2013, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.S.

As I'm currently working on two 1914 armies, the ideas for new figs naturally keep flowing  ;)

The Belgium range isn't quite complete, but it would be fairly easy to achieve this, as only minor modifications to existing codes need to be done:

Grenadier: headswap of the line infantry with the 1870 Prussians in Feldmütze
Lancer: German 1914 Uhlans headswap with 1870 Guard voltigeurs, bonnet du police.

I know it's possible to do this at home for yourself, but it's extremly fiddly and if Pendraken provided those miniatures, there would more time for painting (and less time needed for painstaking headswaping  :-/  :o)
After all, 10mm gaming is about big units and not a handful of men representing a whole regiment, right?  ???

And more poses for the French dragoons would be awesome. I love their uniforms, but haven't bougt some so far, because the 1 pose/w. sword figure isnt' praticularly exciting. Again, it wouldn't be too big a deal to cut off the arm of a German lancer and fit it on the French figure..but what takes me a whole evening (and leaves me with a pile of useless uhlans) should be a matter of an hour for the experienced Pendraken sculptors?
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Yes, August 2014 is not that far off and people are starting to gear up for it. Unlike the ACW this is one in which we were heavily involved and most British families have an ancestor resting in a foreign field as a consequence (in my case great uncle Tommy, Mametz July 1st 1916). It looks like a great opportunity for Pendraken to grasp this anniverary.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

GW844

Belgian cavalry in bonnet du police would be good - seems to have been the major headdress for lancers and guides.

GW844

Belgian carabiniers in Corsican hat?

Leman

Currently no one seems to do the Belgian Chasseurs in the hat with brim turned up on the left. Very similar to Austrian 1866 Feldjager but without the cockerel feathers. A pity as these were some of the elite troops

Dave

I've new Belgium stuff coming out, once i get the new stuff moulded and out I'll review what to do next and plan for more figures. :D

Dave

Leman

:) Sounds good Dave, as this theatre in 1914 really appeals to me. Next battle for me is 7/1/14 - Budenny's Cavalry army against Poles, 1920.