In poor taste?

Started by Nosher, 10 December 2012, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Quote from: Sandinista on 11 December 2012, 08:14:15 PM
Agreed, those Mods deserve a good kicking just for the silly scooters, not to mention those bloody parkas  >:(

At least Mods washed ;D and their taste in music was far better :P
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Luddite

Quote from: Nosher on 11 December 2012, 09:47:41 PM

It seems the bitter divisions of that conflict still run deep in the British psyche!

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Nosher on 11 December 2012, 09:47:41 PM
The Mods:
Small Faces, The Kinks, The Who, Yardbirds, The Animals, The Nashville Teens, The Pretty Things, The Spencer Davis Group, The Move, Jimmy Cliff, Desmond Dekker, etc…

The Rockers:
Start with the likes of Eddie Cochrane, Johnny Kid & The Pirates, Them, before merging into Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Stones, The Doors, Argent and throw in a few surprises including the outrageous Sensational Alex Harvey Band! I know which side I'm on! :P
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

13 December 2012, 03:06:41 PM #33 Last Edit: 13 December 2012, 03:28:36 PM by Techno
Hah !!!

Well, I like most of the lot that you've mentioned Will.....and still do.

Though I could pick out some in both sections that I wouldn't miss if they'd never ever produced anything.
I'd have to say from a completely personal point of view, I'd rip some of the 'mod' groups out of their section and put them in with the rockers.

All down to personal preferences, I guess. ;D ;D (Are you going to the Boston tea party ?.....And you know Argent ? Blloomin' heck...I imagined I'd be the only one from the forum that would know them....Go on...make me feel old....tell me it was your Dad's old vinyl album that you used to listen to. ;D ;D ;D))
Cheers - Phil.

goat major

I'm in with the In Crowd.....
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Techno on 13 December 2012, 03:06:41 PM
    Go on...make me feel old....tell me it was your Dad's old vinyl album that you used to listen to. ;D ;D ;D))

If you insist Phil,
    I discovered two things in my dad's flat when I was 14, one was a large selection of high class p*rn, which we both threw out shortly after, as it was a bit tame and much more fun in real life!
    The other discovery was his collection of vinyl greats:
    [/list]First pressings of nearly all the early Rolling Stones, including Sticky Fingers (with zip) and Some Girls with interchangable faces, At His Sataanic Majesties Request
    Beatles including Help, Sergeant Pepper.
    The complete Pink Floyd to Dark Side (heavily into this by the time I was 15).
    Led Zep IV on PINK vinyl, Physical Graffitti in original slip (where you could change the rooms), now worth a fortune.
    Hendrix.
    Fleetwood Mac and all their solo albums from the 70s and 80s
    Doors originals.
    Rod Stewart albums, including one shaped like a whiskey glass (SIng it Again Rod)!
    Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band Bestiality.
    Lots of Mamas& the Papas, plus Mama Cass.
    Joni Mitchell
    Joplin (both Scott and Jannis).
    Jefferson Airplane 'Surrealistic Pilau' and solo Grace Slick.
    Oh and lots and lots of Dylan!

Recognise any of that Phil!
    2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

That list sounds like a musical equivalent of a stack of tacky magazines anyway.
    I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So what would be on your list FK?  ;)
    Let's do this in a new thread before it turns into a complete hyjack!

Hertsblue

Saw the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band live in a pub in Fulham Broadway back in the late sixties. They were an absolute riot. Not what you'd call hard rock, though...  ;D
    When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

Quote from: mad lemmey on 14 December 2012, 06:50:18 AM
    So what would be on your list FK?  ;)
    Let's do this in a new thread before it turns into a complete hyjack!
    Have done. Though I don't want to badmouth Joni Mitchell, let alone Scott Joplin.
    I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Luddite

Liking Joni Mitchell is DEFINITELY in poor taste.
    http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
    http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
    "Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Well, it was my dad's collection, not on my playlist!  :P