Some Scenery and Maurice SYW Austrian WIP Pics

Started by rexhurley, 20 October 2012, 04:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexhurley

Hi guys as some of you may know I have been dabbling with some various things lately and here are some quick pics of the my progress.

First ones are showing Pendraken 10mm's versus a Timecast 6mm roadside in with stable and backyard pretty happy with the look and starting work on table lots of the sqaures for terrain, then we have a Woondlands Scenic N Scale Trackbed section painted as a country lane (30mm wide perfet since thats the frontage I use on my basing), pretty happy with it but still to grasess edges etc, then my last experiment are the woods. no less than Architects of War wood bases, difference is i use PVA for the foliage rather than glue sticks works just as well.

Then here is a fair bit of Maurice 100 point army with some hangers on.  I'm in the midst of basing my second brigade and painting the 2 battalions of grenadiers but as you see its pretty balance and im happy with the results my new Fondry paints have given although i'm suprised the dark blue cuffs have come out looking violet in the light of the photos...and yes the purists (oops that used to me!) would say why not four bases per unti tried it but didn't like the look so have settled on two per unit and playing a 100pt game on a 4 x3 works well.

I'll get round to doing some how tos sometime, catch yas

http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii632/Bitemetosser/

Techno

nikharwood

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

Really like the woods and the time cast buiildings are sublime
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Hertsblue

Really fine work, Rex. Given a choice, I'd like to command the tanks, though....  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

General Bt Sherman

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Dave Fielder

Did Frederick the Great really have Tigers? Looking good, but quite an advantage. I thought it was Blucher who had these cats rather than Freddy!
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

FierceKitty

Quote from: Dave Fielder on 29 October 2012, 08:46:37 AM
Did Frederick the Great really have Tigers? Looking good, but quite an advantage. I thought it was Blucher who had these cats rather than Freddy!
Old Fritz was rather more of a doggy man. Sad flaw in a fascinating character.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

clibinarium

Of all Fritz's character flaws, not being a cat person might be among the least of them.