Patriotism

Started by Orcs, 17 October 2012, 08:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

An American, a Frenchman and a Englishman were all walking down a beach in California, when the Amerrcan saw some bright metal half buried in the sand.  He picked it up and it was an old brass lamp.  As he brushed the sand off there was a big puff of smoke and a huge genie appeared.

Genie:
I am the genie of the lamp and I have been imprisoned for the last millenia.  I normally grant those who release me three wishes, but as there are three of you you may have one each. Think well and make a careful choice.

The American starts  "Well I am an American farmer and I am a real patriot and very proud  of my country.  I can trace my  ancestors bck to the Mayflower.  My Father, Grandfather and Great-grandfather were all farmers as will my sons and Grandsons also be farmers .   I would like you to make the soil of this great land the most fertile on earth so that we may never know hunger".

The Genie then clapped his hands twice and said " I have made it so".

Not wanting to be outdone the Frenchman says  "I am a French winemaker, and I too love my country.  We make the best wine and cheese and are famous throught the world for it.  However we are continually invaded by those around us. They come and they take all our wine, cheese and women.  I would like to protect my country and my people.  Please make a wall around the whole of my country to keep out all the invaders so that we may keep France for the French."

The Genie then clapped his hands twice and said " I have made it so".

The Englishman then says " I am a true Englishman and very proud of my country.  We have contributed to many of  the greatest achievments of man in the past thousand years and made the world a better place. I should like to continue with this tradition.  Tell me about this wall."

The Genie replies " The wall round France is made of the best bacak granite its 100 feet thick 200 feet high and its sides are as smooth as glass"

The Englishman says " Ok fill it with water"

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

ronan

very good !  :O)

( I can swim, but shame on you : water in our wines ?  ;) )

Luddite

True.

Its usually anti-freeze isn't it?
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Vulpine

If only a few more country's had walls round them!
You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

Orcs

Quote from: ronan on 17 October 2012, 09:50:13 PM
very good !  :O)

( I can swim, but shame on you : water in our wines ?  ;) )

And I would miss my Roquefort
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Malbork

QuoteIts usually anti-freeze isn't it?

I think that's the Italian variant - gets cold up in the Dolomites !