My 1809 stuff

Started by GordonY, 24 September 2012, 11:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonY

As apart from 4 brigadiers I've just finished this lot I couldnt resist having a roll-call and snapping a couple of crappy piccys

and a little closer

hope you like them.  :D

Still a lot of flock and flags to apply but seeing them done makes me a happy bunny.

Steve J

From what I can see they look good en masse. With flags and flock they should look rather dandy.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bishop Lord

Wow! They look great,  :) if anyone ask why we game in 10mm show a piccie like that! Says it all. Look forward to seeing the flags and flock on.

Jason
" there is no more Jerusalem, I shall go to Cyprus..."

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Poggle

MR T

Yep looking good Gordie  8)

Techno

MOST impressive !! :-bd =D>
Cheers - Phil.

wurrukatte

Hertsblue

Great stuff, Gordon.  8)

However, at the risk of being a wet blanket, there is no evidence that Napoleonic French line infantry carried flags in action. The eagle was considered to be the standard and was usually carried on a bare pole. None of the captured eagles in the National Army Museum in London have flags attached.  :(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

Quote from: Hertsblue on 28 September 2012, 10:08:05 AM
Great stuff, Gordon.  8)

However, at the risk of being a wet blanket, there is no evidence that Napoleonic French line infantry carried flags in action. The eagle was considered to be the standard and was usually carried on a bare pole. None of the captured eagles in the National Army Museum in London have flags attached.  :(
Coo, that's new to me. Good job I gave up Napoleonics in 1983!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

GordonY

No flags eh? Does that go for cavalry as well? If so that'll save me a tiresome job.  :D

Only need some on the Austrian cavalry then.

Gordon does his happy dance................

nikharwood

Quote from: GordonY on 28 September 2012, 11:56:59 AM
No flags eh? Does that go for cavalry as well? If so that'll save me a tiresome job.  :D

Only need some on the Austrian cavalry then.

Gordon does his happy dance................

Interesting...