French vs Imperial WSS

Started by Last Hussar, 17 June 2012, 11:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

From the game last Friday 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lasthussar/sets/72157630167051178/with/7389587022/
1128 Infantry, 384 Cavalry, 6 guns, 38 First Fire markers, 12 Generals, various hangers on, and 1 Carriage (containing Mistress, not seen).
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Hertsblue

Now, that's what I call a game. None of your namby-pamby skirmishes. Good job LH.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

nikharwood

Agreed - very nicely done!  8)

Ben Waterhouse

That's how it should look, lovely.

robert

Marvellous game - well done - try Maurice rules though, much more fun than BP - imho :)
That is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put - Winston Churchill

Nosher

Line em up and knock em down ;)

Years since I have played 'everything you have got on the table'... Agreed that Maurice is tons better than BP though :-bd
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

sunjester

I think Last Hussar's mods work well for the period, or at least they give us a game that we are both happy with.

A lot of games end up in an infantry stalemate, we do not often get an decisive victory for either side. We usually agree in a civilised manner, as befits gentlemen, who has the advantage. These have been the only games I've experienced where I've have a prolonged debate at the end of the game with both generals insisting that the other had won! :-\

Of course there's the odd battle, like this one, where Last Hussar's dice luck strikes and a third of his infantry run away at the first sight of French cold steel. :d ;D

I did download Maurice Lite and read through it a couple of times, but it really didn't appeal to me at all. Each to their own.

Last Hussar

Sunjester is a very bad man.  At the moment he has 20 bn foot, I have 18, I have 14 Regt horse, he has 12 I think.  He has 'found' enough spares to make another 5 bns, having ordered the command recently.  That means I need to buy more, the git.

GNU PTerry

nikharwood

Quote from: Last Hussar on 26 June 2012, 10:23:23 PM
Sunjester is a very bad man.  At the moment he has 20 bn foot, I have 18, I have 14 Regt horse, he has 12 I think.  He has 'found' enough spares to make another 5 bns, having ordered the command recently.  That means I need to buy more, the git.

;D :D ;D

You two are heading down the joyous road to M.A.D. methinks  :d

sunjester

Sunjester is a very bad man.  At the moment he has 20 bn foot, I have 18, I have 14 Regt horse, he has 12 I think.  He has 'found' enough spares to make another 5 bns, having ordered the command recently.  That means I need to buy more, the git.

I think of it as doing my bit to help kickstart the economy, or at least put food on Dave and Leon's tables! ;)

Leon

Quote from: sunjester on 26 June 2012, 10:36:05 PM
I think of it as doing my bit to help kickstart the economy, or at least put food on Dave and Leon's tables! ;)

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Either; a) you're using very small battalions, or b) he grossly over-orders, or c) you're being played, mate.  ;D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

sunjester

Quote from: Hertsblue on 27 June 2012, 10:07:30 AM
Either; a) you're using very small battalions, or b) he grossly over-orders, or c) you're being played, mate.  ;D

a) Last Hussar insists on using 6 figures per 20mm base, I use 4. So my battalions are 24 figures.

b) Originally I ordered some army packs, then added odd bits as I needed them. So I did have a fair number of "spare" infantry left.

c)   ;) ;D ;D

Last Hussar

He is being very quiet about yesterday's game.  Ask him how his French did against the Prussians being led by my son, over whom he had 3:2 foot, and 2:1 cavalry advantage.  :d

As my dining table extends to 10ft long, and is 3'6" wide, and the fact my wife is in London for 2 weeks (she is a volunteer 'Games Maker' at Stratford - the people in purple and pink t-shirts at the Olympics) we got another 'Everything' game in.  My Austrians did it properly - nice straight lines, using cavalry to slowly roll up the Italians/Bavarians from the flank.  The Prussians managed to turn it into the Age of Reason equivalent of a back street bar brawl- at one point foming a cavalry square!

GNU PTerry