"Art of Warre" blog

Started by Aart Brouwer, 27 May 2012, 08:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aart Brouwer

Started a wee blog, pun ("Aart of Warre") intended.

You're all welcome to visit, but please don't be too harsh in your comments, try not to to blow your noses in my curtains and don't piss in the flower pots, thank you.

Cheers,
Aart

Art of warre
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

nikharwood

Very nice Aart - I think I got a bit mixed up though - I seem to have pissed on the curtains and blown my nose into a flower pot.

Sorry 'bout that  :d  ;D

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: nikharwood on 27 May 2012, 10:19:37 PM
Very nice Aart - I think I got a bit mixed up though - I seem to have pissed on the curtains and blown my nose into a flower pot.

Sorry 'bout that  :d  ;D

I know where you live ..  :-w

Seriously, thanks mate, and I hope you enjoyed the cold beer I had ready for you.

Cheers,
Aart

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

nikharwood

Certainly did  :)

You've got some great pieces here Aart - very nicely done  8)

Rob

Lovely blog Aart.

I very much like your book reviews. You have given me the urge to re-read my C V  Wedgewood and Parker books again.

Cheers, Rob  :)

Hertsblue

Nicely produced blog, Art. I can't comment on Wedgewood - it's been so long since I read her - but I was intrigued by your "kleine panzer division". Your cloth-based terrain is excellent and the telegraph poles are a nice touch, although I would be terrified of my clumsy fingers snapping them off.   :'(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Hertsblue on 28 May 2012, 10:23:10 AM
Nicely produced blog, Art. I can't comment on Wedgewood - it's been so long since I read her - but I was intrigued by your "kleine panzer division". Your cloth-based terrain is excellent and the telegraph poles are a nice touch, although I would be terrified of my clumsy fingers snapping them off.   :'(

Wow, thanks gentlemen.

Hertsblue, my cloth will get another outing soon on the ping pong table in my garden, so at least vee vill haff daylight to avoid ze verdammte telegrrraph powles. Pics will follow,I finally have a good camera and I've made some new cloths as well.

And Rob, pleased to hear you like the book reviews. There will be more soon, among them Krüsemann's biography of Mansfelt and some books on WWII. I plan to work mostly on the book section, the battle reports and the digital resources.

Cheers,
Aart

Aart Brouwer