Matt's painting diary

Started by Matt J, 10 April 2012, 01:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt J

Quote from: Hertsblue on 14 May 2012, 08:57:54 AM
Super detailing is one thing, Matt, but the "GR" on the drummer's headgear is just sticking the knife in.  :o

you should see the '58' on the band on the back of the mitre  ;)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Matt J

After a few months of dealing with the dross of real life finally got some painting done  :)  finished some Normans

Spearman units

Medium spears

Heavy infantry

Beep

Blaxkleric

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 27 October 2012, 10:52:27 PM
After a few months of dealing with the dross of real life finally got some painting done  :)

Know the feeling, but fortunately I'm in the painting zone at the mo. Long may yours last too  :)

But please don't paint anymore 10mm buttons on your models... I struggle just painting the basic jacket... you seem to pick out the seamwork!!  :d

Nosher

This is EXACTLY why I am avoiding doing the vikings...

I painted an army of saxons followed by an army of Normans and the shield designs just about did my head in :d :d :d.

It doesnt seem to matter how varied YOU try to make them, the next shield just looks like the one you did 120 miniatures ago!!!!

Lovely stuff though Matt, puts my efforts to shame :-[
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb stuff Matt, beautifully detailed!  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Very nicely done as always Matt 8).

Techno

Really good !! 8)
Cheers - Phil

Hertsblue

Excellent, Matt. Shield-patterns are top-notch.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Rothgar68

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Matt J

Planned to get loads of painting done over xmas but turned out to be zilch. I'm resigned to getting very little painting done until my little horrors are a bit older.
Managed to finish the Llanguedoc regiment for Quebec project. Just needs basing so pics to follow.

But Pendraken 2013 painting competition is here  :) so hopefully motivation to get cracking.
Mini's ordered today so I'm looking at trying to get through 4 entries -

Pre-C20th foot - Fraser's Highlanders
Mounted - Napoleonic 8th Hussars
Vehicle - M48A3 patton
Open - AWI battle scene

I've already got the highlanders so started work on those last night with a few minor conversions (arm/leg alterations, head swops etc) and I've worked out a reasonable tartan painting method (using a brush with 4 bristles  :D).
The Hussars should be straight forward just some minor conversions.
The M48A3 patton will be modelled wth some tank riders so I've ordred some vietnam figurs to chop up.
The AWI battle scene will be the most time (and I'll doubt I'll get time to finish it to be honest  :()

I'll post progress pics for anyone interested and good luck to all participants!

Bugger just realised forgo order the relevant bass  :(
Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 12 January 2013, 10:17:12 AM
Planned to get loads of painting done over xmas but turned out to be zilch. I'm resigned to getting very little painting done until my little horrors are a bit older.
Managed to finish the Llanguedoc regiment for Quebec project. Just needs basing so pics to follow.

But Pendraken 2013 painting competition is here  :) so hopefully motivation to get cracking.
Mini's ordered today so I'm looking at trying to get through 4 entries -

Pre-C20th foot - Fraser's Highlanders
Mounted - Napoleonic 8th Hussars
Vehicle - M48A3 patton
Open - AWI battle scene

I've already got the highlanders so started work on those last night with a few minor conversions (arm/leg alterations, head swops etc) and I've worked out a reasonable tartan painting method (using a brush with 4 bristles  :D).
The Hussars should be straight forward just some minor conversions.
The M48A3 patton will be modelled wth some tank riders so I've ordred some vietnam figurs to chop up.
The AWI battle scene will be the most time (and I'll doubt I'll get time to finish it to be honest  :()

I'll post progress pics for anyone interested and good luck to all participants!

That all sounds good, I'll be looking forward to seeing some of these in the Comp!   8)

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 12 January 2013, 10:17:12 AM
Bugger just realised forgo order the relevant bass  :(

Pop me an email and we'll get them sorted for you.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

QuotePop me an email and we'll get them sorted for you.

Its ok Leon I've got another order to go to you in a couple of weeks so I'll add them to that.
Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 12 January 2013, 05:18:45 PM
Its ok Leon I've got another order to go to you in a couple of weeks so I'll add them to that.

8)