GavinP's AWI

Started by GavinP, 12 March 2012, 07:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Aart Brouwer

What they all said ^^  :D

Just terrific, man. You can compete with the very best 10mm painters around. And that battle must be sheer joy with such miniatures.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

nikharwood

goat major

Quote from: Leon on 08 July 2012, 03:50:05 PM
I've put your table near to Andy's Painting table.

Excellent news, we've still got a few battalions to complete so if Andy can turn up early and get them sorted for us that will be great :)

Your forces are looking excellent now Gavin. I've finished painting all figures -  just got flags and basing to do now....

My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

GavinP

Yeah, Flags. :-\ :-\ Think I might print a few out at work today and dry fit them for the weekend as half these troops aren't mine of course so Matt can do his own stinking flags.

GavinP

I've finished off a few things on my to do list this week or so.

One of them was the 10mm AWI unit I've been working on for a while. Pretty pleased and annoyed with these at the same time. Unfortunately, the castings are not great, these are the only useable sculpts from the bag of 30 + bag of 15 command. Many of the figures are missing parts of their hats, as you can see in the fourth picture (chap pointing - this is the "best" of the bad bunch!), and part of the drummers hat is missing too. This is why there are so many bareheaded soldiers in the unit.

Techno

Excellent !! 8) :-bd :-bd
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: GavinP on 26 August 2012, 05:51:30 PM
Unfortunately, the castings are not great, these are the only useable sculpts from the bag of 30 + bag of 15 command. Many of the figures are missing parts of their hats, as you can see in the fourth picture (chap pointing - this is the "best" of the bad bunch!), and part of the drummers hat is missing too. This is why there are so many bareheaded soldiers in the unit.

Can you pop me an email through on that, and I can find out what's happened and get some replacements sorted out.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

far4ngn

Wow nice, any tips on painting these...found AndyMac guide, so will start painting soon. 

Rothgar68

GavinP

Quote from: far4ngn on 27 August 2012, 06:50:05 AM
Wow nice, any tips on painting these...found AndyMac guide, so will start painting soon. 

Yeah, use a small brush and some paint ;D ;D

Seriously, you can't go much wrong with Andy Mac's guide. My painting is very similar, except I tend not to highlight quite as much as he does (and you can tell the difference!) What I mean by that is that the crossbelts for example are just white, Andy would have used grey then white.

Colour wise, undercoated in Black, the jackets are Vallejo (VJ) Dark Prussian Blue followed by VJ Prussian blue, the skin tones are the Foundry skin palette with the palest generally just flicked onto the nose tip and the cheekbones, the white is some old GW grey (Elf grey?) and then white and the yellow is VJ yellow ochre highlighted with VJ flat yellow I think. No trick to it, just neat and tidy slow and steady.

Steve J

The neat, tidy and consistent approach when on the gaming table always works for me.

far4ngn

Thanks for the info, just starting painting mine (after a several years break) must admit it, I managed quite well.  Nowhere as good as yours yet, but I'm sure it'll come back to me...like riding a bike.

What colour did you use for your Jager jackets? 

I'm finding alot of my paints have dried up and I now need glasses aagh!  Glasses are on order...

nikharwood

Very nicely done Gav - that yellow is top-notch...always one of the harder things to get 'right'  8)