GavinP's AWI

Started by GavinP, 12 March 2012, 07:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavinP

Let me start this post with making one thing clear. What you are about to see in THIS post is the work of Andy Mac. Again, this is Andy's work, NOT mine. Everyone clear? Good, now on to the eyecandy. ;D

Matt and I have been talking about doing AWI for a while, but since he can't paint for peanuts I'd end up doing his figures too. Because I've got so many other projects on the go, I really couldn't face painting a load of regimented figures at the moment and I wanted quick progress to getting figures on the table. Having seen Andy's work, I knew there was really only one painter I could use. I will be painting some of the units myself, but at a leisurely pace I assure you!

Here's some shots he's just sent over and I'm just so happy with them I have to share them with you guys.

5th Regiment of Foot

35th Regiment of Foot

J.S.

stunning work! I really should consider adding those litte white stripes to the uniforms of my infantry, looks like it's definitely worth the few minutes of extra painting time
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

goat major

A joy to behold. Thanks for posting Gavin
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

nikharwood

Just the job Gav! These will look beautiful once they're based and under fire on-table  8)

Techno

Beautiful !! =D> =D>
Cheers - Phil.

Peritas

Really NICE

Again an excelent work¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ ;)

Best Regards

Hertsblue

Terrific. Just shows what can be acheived with 10mm figures.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

GavinP

Just posted on my blog but here's a couple of pictures, couple more on the blog http://www.britishforces.org.uk/new-project-and-some-pictures. Hessian Jaegers painted by myself. I hope they'll match in ok with Andy's work - one of the reasons I wanted Andy to paint for me is that I think he has a similar style to myself (although better than mine).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those will blend in nicely - superb work!  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

General Bt Sherman

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ben Waterhouse

nikharwood

Very nicely done indeed Gav  8)

GavinP

I know Leon's already seen these elsewhere, but figured they should be posted here too. ;D

This makes 1 down, 7 to go for the units that I need to paint for the Pendraken Birthday Bash. No pressure then! :'(

Not sure these are really all that good but they're going to have to do. They're supposed to be the Fairfax County Independant Company (my mates figures - I'm just painting them) so let me know if there's any glaring issues.

I also have finally photo'd a couple of generals that I've got done.

Hopefully there'll be more progress this week than last.