Pulp 1936 terrain

Started by Maenoferren, 29 February 2012, 02:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

Baiscally I did this in line with my pulp entry to the competition.

the oasis and statue are on the 60mm bases the tent is on a cd and the temple wouldnt fit on a cd so it is a bigger base.
only wish the light box worked properly in all photos for the competion like it did for the oasis pic
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Techno

Still look really, really superb though M ! =D> :-bd
Cheer - Phil

Hertsblue

Great work, Maenoferren. Particularly the temple. That must have been a lot of work.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Peritas

nikharwood

Nicely done M - very atmospheric  8)

Maenoferren

THanks for the nice comments chaps :-[

this shows the size of the builing in relation to a temple guardian not too big... you want to see the ones for 28mm ... Hertsblue...the temple is made of two types of Hirst arts blocks the main walls are the fieldstone block with the ruinedfieldstone mould making up the broken bits... the actual stones for want of a better word are a nice size for a ruined egytina something or other even though it is designed for 28mm... probably the most versatile set of moulds I have a quick paint brown, plenty of dry brushing and there you go...the temple at Djel Bebi

Maenoferren

The tent from above in a bit better light...

Maenoferren

First (small) pyramid comleted for Djel Bebi :D

Hertsblue

You don't seem to have posted it M!  :o
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Can't post a pyramid, way outside Royal Snail limitations.

Quote from: Hertsblue on 03 April 2012, 08:51:05 AM
You don't seem to have posted it M!  :o

Ian S :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Kassad

Quote from: Maenoferren on 01 March 2012, 12:14:34 AM
THanks for the nice comments chaps :-[

this shows the size of the builing in relation to a temple guardian not too big... you want to see the ones for 28mm ... Hertsblue...the temple is made of two types of Hirst arts blocks the main walls are the fieldstone block with the ruinedfieldstone mould making up the broken bits... the actual stones for want of a better word are a nice size for a ruined egytina something or other even though it is designed for 28mm... probably the most versatile set of moulds I have a quick paint brown, plenty of dry brushing and there you go...the temple at Djel Bebi
Really nice! Is the temple scratchbuild?? What materials did you used if I can ask?
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Maenoferran,

Those are brilliant, both the temple and the statue. But comments so far are right, the temple is a great achievement, incredibly realistic . Wish I could do that!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Maenoferren

here is the small pyramid, i think i will repaint it though hasn't quite worked the way i wanted it too. PLus the top two blocks are glued on the wrong way round, that will niggle me forever!  #-o
Also thanks for the nice comments chaps.. seriously though, the temple and statue were super fast to do :-[. speedy paint job and Bobs your uncle

Maenoferren

The big temple, with assistance of a 6 year old, a three year old and a 16 month old... it was only when I was three rows up that i realised somebody had knicked one of the base blocks therefore the base is no longer  a square  so it has ended up looking more aztec than egyptian....grrrrr >:(

peterdong

It's funny how you used the number '6' for 6 year old,
And the word 'three' for three year old.  :P

But anyways, very nice!
I will stand, or I will fall. But I will not sit.