Sneak peek at the SciFi range revamp!

Started by Leon, 07 January 2012, 02:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaker

The Skinnies would be cool for this new alien race. It should also be a good starting point for the Green Martians for Barsoom   :D   :d

hamsterking

I'm painting up a bunch of Pendraken's lovely Giant Worms who I reckon would make excellent opponents for these chaps. Actualy there are a number of the Fantasy/Dungeon figures who would slot into a scifi environment with no bother. DN11 which is billed as a Floating squid but looks like a Floating Brain is an obvious candidate but I also like DN4 and DN42. DN42 would have particular virtues in Jungl/Swamp settings and DN4 would look good in a desert setting. If nothing else they could slot in as Indigenous Scout troops.

nikharwood

Quote from: hamsterking on 18 January 2012, 12:09:24 AM
I'm painting up a bunch of Pendraken's lovely Giant Worms who I reckon would make excellent opponents for these chaps. Actualy there are a number of the Fantasy/Dungeon figures who would slot into a scifi environment with no bother.

I reckon you're right y'know...

;) :D

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dropship Horizon

Excellent stuff! Really like these minis.

The 'Battle armour' troops are hard to resist. Shame they are not 15mm!

Can I just advise that I think gamers would expect "battle armour" troops to be in full carapace. These are heavy or armoured infantry - I'd be happy to have these as Drop Troops but from the photos definitely wouldn't call them "Battle armour".

Cheers
Mark

Paint it Pink

Just caught this thread. Excellent, I can see a purchase in the near future... Perhaps at Salute?
Unlike some people, I feel under no obligation to pretend that only one war-gaming scale is true, and that any others 6mm/10mm/15mm/25mm are mistaken; or that I know better than people themselves what is right for them to use. The point is precisely for all war-gamers to decide for themselves.

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/

Leon

Quote from: Paint it Pink on 21 January 2012, 01:00:16 PM
Just caught this thread. Excellent, I can see a purchase in the near future... Perhaps at Salute?

Yep, I'm estimating March or April on these hopefully.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Paul Davies

I'll be after some of these for sure... what about something on the lines of the 'Dune' series of novels? Giant, GIANT sandworms and riders, flyers etc., etc. Probably give the movie a miss for reference but the series was pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Baconheimer

Leon

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Luddite

Damn you Nik... >:(

Will you please stop posting up such inspiring lovliness!!!   :D
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Quote from: ianrs54 on 04 February 2012, 06:15:31 PM
Would be nice though  ;)

IanS

I'll have something to cheer you up soon...   :-\  ;)

Leon - not even you can do the impossible !!!.

ianS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

nikharwood

Quote from: ianrs54 on 05 February 2012, 09:35:20 AM
Leon - not even you can do the impossible !!!.

ianS

Quote from: Leon on 04 February 2012, 07:05:28 PM
I'll have something to cheer you up soon...   :-\  ;)

One of these Ian?