Sneak peek at the SciFi range revamp!

Started by Leon, 07 January 2012, 02:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luddite

09 January 2012, 12:43:45 PM #15 Last Edit: 09 January 2012, 12:47:17 PM by Luddite
Well, while we're on the wish list...

Power armour troops (pretty sure that's not going to infringe IP) - check out the suits for Starship Troopers and the 'anti acid' suits for Aliens.

Support troops (seconding republic of tolworth)

Vehicles (military and civvies/colonists)

Also, another faction (preferable human)!
Its all well and good putting one lot together but you need someone to fight who can shoot back... :D

Sure there are not-Aliens, and not-Bugs, but they're just fancy Zulus.  We need other chaps to fight.

Laserburn: Imperium vs Red Redemption
Aliens: Corporate Wars and Colonial Marines
Firefly: Purplebellies vs browncoats
Star Wars: Empire vs Rebels
Dune / Fading Suns / Battletech:  Noble houses fighting each other
The factions in rules like the new Tomorrow's War rules...

And of course since the Company-that-shall-not-be-named has basically stolen all its ideas from history, basing your sci-fi figs on WWI French/Germans, WWII Russians, Vietnam Americans, etc. will also open up lots of 'epic' options... (that said i suppose you already have those infantry, so...vehicles!!!)

Etc..

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Quote from: Luddite on 09 January 2012, 12:43:45 PM
Power armour troops (pretty sure that's not going to infringe IP) - check out the suits for Starship Troopers and the 'anti acid' suits for Aliens.

We've got the conversions in armour, I'll get some pics taken.

Support troops (seconding republic of tolworth)

Not sure on this one, we've got a new heavy gun, but nothing else planned.

Vehicles (military and civvies/colonists)

Sci-Fi vehicles are going to fall into the same bracket as regular ones, finding a designer to do them.

Its all well and good putting one lot together but you need someone to fight who can shoot back... :D

Sure there are not-Aliens, and not-Bugs, but they're just fancy Zulus.  We need other chaps to fight.

Laserburn: Imperium vs Red Redemption
Aliens: Corporate Wars and Colonial Marines
Firefly: Purplebellies vs browncoats
Star Wars: Empire vs Rebels
Dune / Fading Suns / Battletech:  Noble houses fighting each other
The factions in rules like the new Tomorrow's War rules...

No new factions planned at present.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Here's the conversions with the battle armour on them:

And also our rather awesome looking new Heavy Gun with crew:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

rexhurley

oh me not sci fi fan buttt  :o

Ahem thats right where is our Fantsay revamp arghhh!! :'( :'(

Steve J

Power armour chaps look nice as well :).

Luddite

Somebody call me an ambulance. 

My nerdgasm has given me a heart attack.

Cheers Leon, at this rate i'll never get my FPW French finished...

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Techno

OK....
You're an ambulance Luddite.
(Oscar Wilde eat your heart out !)

Cheers - Phil.

Leon

Quote from: Luddite on 10 January 2012, 11:18:51 AM
Somebody call me an ambulance. 

My nerdgasm has given me a heart attack.

Hehe, that gun is NICE isn't it?!   :D

sunjester

What about just using the current range against the new range?

This is interesting as I've loads of vehicles from the Mechwarrior clicky-base game that are all approx 10mm sitting around. Some of them are a bit clunky but I thought they would fit quite nicely in the style of the Firefly universe.

Graham

Luddite

Quote from: sunjester on 10 January 2012, 05:34:50 PM
What about just using the current range against the new range?

This is interesting as I've loads of vehicles from the Mechwarrior clicky-base game that are all approx 10mm sitting around. Some of them are a bit clunky but I thought they would fit quite nicely in the style of the Firefly universe.

Graham

Yeah i think thats probably the way to go.  Either that or use historical ranges.

You mention Firefly for example.  One of the things i'm considering doing with these is Firefly, probably using these as Alliance 'purplebellies' and the ACW range as separatist 'Browncoats'.

Only problem will be sorting out mules, 'rollers', and other vehicles...DRM do some nice bulky flyers...they're 6mm but i've got a few and they'll definately match 10mm scale.

Kassad

The marines are superb!! Wonderfull ! I hope the new SF range will be ready for Salute.
Quote from: republic of tolworth on 09 January 2012, 10:36:16 AM
Some/lots of support staff would be good.

Medics,techies troops with comms kit, dropship crew, officers etc  ;) :D :D :D :-*
I' m totaly agree with Mr republic of tolworth. Also a new alien race will be usefull.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Maybe 'slims' from Starship Troopers? Not strong but fairly technically adept.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sebigboss79

Me wanth, me liketh...my precioussssssssssss :P
Awesome stuff and a definate buy.

Techno

Many thanks again for the compliments guys......Really pleased you like 'em !

Cheers - Phil.

nikharwood

They're lovely Phil & no doubt about it.  8)

Something that might work for a bit more variety would be to do what Pig Iron have done with their (lovely) 28mm stuff - do some head variants...that way you get two (or more) factions reasonably easily: if you did some closed-face helmets / gas mask variants for these, that'd do...just a thought  :)

Of course, that'd depend on Pendraken bankrolling this  ;)