Ottoman Army Packs

Started by Dragoon, 01 November 2011, 07:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Purchased at Derby.
Can any one tell me what the contents should be?
It Appears not to be the one listed on the new .pdf
Lots of bow and musket infantry and a foot command but no General or mounted command in, fact not much cavalry atall and no artillery.
The bow's great as the army that I'm building is c.1450 - 1550 rather than later.
Regards

Mike L

Leon

The army pack contains:

1 x P1, 2, 7, 5/6 and 3 x P4

So you should have:

15 x Winged Hussars
15 x Cossack Pancerni
30 x Zaporozain Cossack foot, with berdische axe
15 x Hajduk 10th man, halberdier
15 x Peasant foot, archers
90 x Hajduk musketeers

If you let me know what you've got missing/extra, we'll sort something out.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dragoon

Hi Leon
They're Polish

My Army are Ottoman Turkish

Don't mention Blanket cover or Delight full.  :D

I don't know the names of the figures, this period is all new for me
Regards

Mike L

Leon

Haha, oops!  That's what I get for trying to multi-task!

Right then, the Ottoman army has:

1 x OT1/2, 5, 6 and 2 x OT3, 4

A mix of mounted and foot command, possibly with the soup pot included.  Should be around 7-8 mounted and 15-ish foot command figures.
15 x Cavalry with bow/javelins
15 x Cavalry with lance and sabre
30 x Silhidars cavalry with lance
30 x Sipahi's cavalry.

If there's very little cavalry in the pack you've got there, then it looks like something's wrong somewhere.  It could be that the pack has been labelled wrongly, and you've not actually got Turks there?  There's a couple of pics in the Ottoman section (http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Renaissance-c12/16th-C-Ottoman-Turks-sc46/), can you see if any of the cavalry match the pictured figures?

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Still seems slightly odd. Foot command (with or without soup pot) but no foot. Where are the Azabs and Janissaries?  :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Aha, I've got it!  The website army pack doesn't correspond to the one in the catalogue.   :-[  I'm not sure where the mixup has happened, but I'd guess it's a hangover from when the range was resculpted a couple of years back.  The actual army pack which Dragoon should have is:

1 x OT3,5,9,14,17
1/2 x OT2
1 1/2 x OT13

Now that should give:

15 x Silhidars cavalry
15 x Akinji/Akinci cavalry
30 x Janisseries with musket, type 1
30 x Janisseries with musket, type 2
3 x Medium guns with crew
15 x Foot command
45 x Mercenary musketeers

That should be the one (hopefully!), so if you could have a look and see what's missing/extra. 

Dragoon

Hi Leon,
I Haven't had time to take a look for an exact count.
I spent most of yesterday on the shop floor or in the office.
Whereas all my figures are at home.
( must take a note and reorganise, new workbench in the office, no point wasteing time)

So I'll count them this weekend and take Pictures.
And,,,, see if I can Identify from George Gush's Book.
Regards

Mike L

Leon

Quote from: Dragoon on 02 November 2011, 07:38:50 AM
Hi Leon,
I Haven't had time to take a look for an exact count.
I spent most of yesterday on the shop floor or in the office.
Whereas all my figures are at home.
( must take a note and reorganise, new workbench in the office, no point wasteing time)

So I'll count them this weekend and take Pictures.
And,,,, see if I can Identify from George Gush's Book.

No worries.  We're away for the weekend at the Antwerp show, but I'll be back online on Monday.

Dragoon

Foot Command :-
4 x Officer
4 x Soup Pot Carriers
4 x Musician (horn)
4 x Standard Bearer
4 x Flags

Foot :-
30 x Spear and Shield (2 pos)
30 x Bow and Shield (2 pos)
30 x Janisaries Musket (2 pos)
30 x Fez or fur cap (2 pos )
30 x Tall Cap (could be painted as either) (2 pos)

Cavalry :-
15 x Cavalry Bow or Javelin (2 pos)
4 x Dellis shield and Lance with pennant
4 x Cavalry shield and Sabre (tall Plume)

Regards

Mike L