I'm worried...

Started by nikharwood, 28 August 2011, 10:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

...I think I've forgotten how to paint 28mm figures  :-[

For a change [which, of course, is as good as a rest] I thought I'd paint some 28mm Perry plastic Nap French infantry [for skirmishing with, using Voltigeur rules; I did the Rifles & Spanish guerillas & clergy ages ago] today...

They'll be fine - but it did feel like I was just starting out painting again! And I've won comps with my 28s  :d

Of course - it also got me thinking about how Napoleonic Peninsular skirmishing would be great in 10mm...hmm...  ;D

republic of tolworth

He he I know that feeling. Some one has asked me to paint some 28s for him, I'm on the point of turning down a job because it has been so long I don't know were to start with them :-[
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Hertsblue

Yeah, it's the wide open spaces on the big figures - very unnerving. I even get some of the same thing going back to 15s  :o
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

nikharwood

's OK - panic over: they're all painted now [there was only 28 of 'em] - once I got cracking it all came flooding back [haven't touched any 28s since about January-ish?]  :)

Leman

Intersperse your 10s with some other scales from time to time and it keeps your hand in.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

Quote from: nikharwood on 30 August 2011, 01:03:21 AM
[haven't touched any 28s since about January-ish?]  :)

Haven't touched a 28 since they were 25s (about 1978).  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

nikharwood

I've just spray-varnished these & I'm quite pleased with them really - considering I did them as fast-paint [& not the obsessive-compulsive-eyeball-bleeding way that I used to paint 28s!]

It is nice to paint something different for a change, but I wouldn't want to go back to them as my predominant scale.

And I do keep coming back to the idea of doing this same thing [Napoleonic Sharpe-style skirmishing] in 10mm as well  ;D

nikharwood

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 05 September 2011, 11:16:12 PM
In case anyone wants to see the end-product: http://www.guildwargamers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=19063

Cool!  About 2.8 times too big, but nice work all the same!   :D  8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Yep - bloody giants  ;D

I need to get another camera though - I'm really struggling to get decent pics with this one at the moment now that summer's gone & any semblance of bright / natural light has been replaced with dull, grey, wetness  :(