Motivation techniques

Started by Leman, 27 July 2011, 12:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

Motivation, I could do with some of that, going to take my Samurai apes on the boat with me to see if I can get anything done on them when we head south...you never know  :)
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

nikharwood

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Yep - I'm definately in two motivation camps now:

Bit of back story (warning, back history of a wargamer includeds)
1) 10mm AWI = It's the holidays, I can devote time to it, militia are half done and looking good all because AndyMac (all hail) has provided a seriously nice painting guide for them.
2) Then this week I had a game of 15mm and in two weeks (after a break), I'm digging out my old 6mm = where my 20 year old forces needed a serious revamp before games; however, a part of me is saying 'Don't repaint, this was you 20 years ago, your first armies'  O:-) another part is saying '20 years ago, you couldn't paint for sh*t. Get that ink was on them NOW!'  :d
Which do I follow?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Lemmey mate - you're on a 10mm forum...and wondering whether to paint 10mm or 6mm..?!

I could be wrong - but I think that everyone's going to go for option 1)  :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No they aint - doing a 6mm USMC btn at the moment, just finished £140 worth of Battlefront stuff, hence comment on money Nic.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: nikharwood on 30 July 2011, 12:38:12 AM
Lemmey mate - you're on a 10mm forum...and wondering whether to paint 10mm or 6mm..?!

I could be wrong - but I think that everyone's going to go for option 1)  :)
Of course option 1 is getting done fiirst. The AWI are nearly done (plus I put an oder in for more this week :D ), but it's what to do with the 6mms...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Quote from: ianrs54 on 30 July 2011, 09:11:20 AM
No they aint - doing a 6mm USMC btn at the moment, just finished £140 worth of Battlefront stuff, hence comment on money Nic.

Ah - gotcha  :)

Quote from: mad lemmey on 30 July 2011, 09:51:11 AM
but it's what to do with the 6mms...

Easy - sell 'em to fund more 10mm  8)

wargamesbob

Re-painting your old armies would be like recolouring your old family photos in Photoshop. Don't do it. Touch 'em up and straighten them out, but don't sever the tangible link to your wargames past. These little heroes will always bring back memories of glorious tabletop victories as well as embarrassing defeats and tactical folly, but ultimately they will always rekindle memories of past opponents and old friends.