AWI mounted militia substitutes?

Started by ImUrDentist, 11 July 2011, 06:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImUrDentist

Hi there,
ATM I'm thinking about starting my AWI-Collection with the forces for Cowpens, Small Forces that will get me (and eventually a buddy of mine) gaming pretty fast. The only thing I can't find are mounted militia. I understand that they might be comming, but I need them (or a stand-in) a little sooner. What minis would you suggest using as stand ins? I was thinking ACW- generic Cav for the horses and some spare riflemen and militia for the dismounted riders? Any ideas? Would it be possible to convert some awi light dragoons by replacing th upper bodys with militia/Riflemen bodys?
Thomas

Leon

I've just asked Clib this question and:

They'd probably be mostly in hunting shirts, or long coats, with a variety of hats, probably tricornes and broad brimmed. Hunting shirts are hard to find an equivalent of, but maybe malburians in tricornes and long coats would fit. Painted in various colours they'd still look pretty regular for militia.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ImUrDentist

Thanks Leon!

You got any pics of MAL11? Are there any variants in the pack?
The mounted dragoons (MAL12) don't look to bad, maybe I could do some modifing?!

Thomas

Leon

Quote from: ImUrDentist on 26 February 1974, 11:34:27 AM
You got any pics of MAL11? Are there any variants in the pack?
The mounted dragoons (MAL12) don't look to bad, maybe I could do some modifing?!

You've got me now, there should be a pic of MAL11 on the website, but it ain't there!

I'll have a browse about, there's got to be a pic of them somewhere!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!