Caccara riots can start!

Started by republic of tolworth, 29 June 2011, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic of tolworth

Just finished my first 4 bases of Caccaran riot police for the ongoing imagi Nations game.

Very odd as I was glossing the helmets to the sounds of Greece going up in smoke :o  :-X
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Sandinista

republic of tolworth

Taken a few. Will try posting tommorow.

Anyway I shall bring a few to the game tonight  :P

Zombies make great protesters! ;D

Dickie255

Yeah, photos would be great! I would be interested in your riot police and zombie protestors as I'm planning (hey, isn't there is always some 'future' project to do!) VBCW circa 1975. I believe there are some stone throwing figures from the fantasy beggar army - are you using any of them ?

Cheers

republic of tolworth

Hello D255.
I was going to use some of the stone throwers. However the urge came over me fairly quicly so I used what was at hand for the first wave of proof of concept. Which in this case was 25 spare zombies found lying around
They look okay.

As for riot police. I have used the Vietnam US troops with a little trimming and paint job. Add a riot shield made from clear plastic from a hole punch for the smaller 'snatch' shields and rectangle for the larger shields.
Riot guns/gas launchers I used the US blooper troopers.

Gun crew and the Russian commisar help fill in a few other positions.

Will wrestle with technology later for pics.

Hope that helps.

republic of tolworth

Can't get pictures on. too large :(

Sandinista

will call round earlier tonight and show you if you want

republic of tolworth

I've hit the thing with a stick, and shouted. What else is there? :'( :D :D

republic of tolworth

Testing testing

[attachment deleted by admin]

republic of tolworth

Caccaran police on holiday :-[
Work still in progress but you get the idea.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great stuff.
Two points:
1) maybe some flesh wash?
2) You need a sign like this for your rioters (unless they're british teachers on strike) :

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Down_with_this_sort_of_thing!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sandinista

Now you've worked out the posting of pics issue, when are the SYW/Imaginations pics going to be posted?

Leon

Those police look excellent, great stuff.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Dickie255

Hi RoT

Many thanks for the piccies and the information. I particularly like your ideas of using the US Vietnam figures and the hole punch for the shields - fantastic! A great set of figures that are very well done and inspirational.

I know that feeling rather well
QuoteI've hit the thing with a stick, and shouted. What else is there?
So cheers for making the effort