Excuses to take miniatures and paints on family holiday

Started by Nosher, 07 July 2011, 05:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Calling all dads/family men :)

What excuse can I give to take some minis on holiday to paint?

I am banned from taking anything on holiday which is pants 'cos while everyone else is sat lounging around the pool I get really bored. I'm not a sun lizard, neither am I a book worm, but I get a bit miffed when my relaxation is painting and I'm hamstrung from doing it.

So come on chaps - whats a water tight excuse that will win the missus over? ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

snafu

The answers probably going to cost you a lot of money for various shopping trips ..
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Probably depends on your relationship dynamic....

For some of us, a simple "If I can't paint, you have to talk to me all day." should do it!  :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandinista

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mine fit under the seat of the car, I'll look after our daughter tonight, you have some me time!
Dauhter flakes after 30 seconds - I get half an hours painting!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

"Honey, I fecking paid for this holiday..."

...and then run. Like feck.  ;D

Last Hussar

I never thought of this.

Lets see. Undercoat here.  Couple of layers of kitchen roll for protection
Only problem will have to plan what paints ahead of time. :-\
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Previously I used a Products for Wargames foam figure tray and a flat cardboard box. It fits paints, brushes and superglue nicely (you will need superglue, something always falls off on the way....), the main problem wa schoosing teh paints to take (last two years it's been soviet infantry, tanks and British inf, they all came out rather well)
One of those beanbag/beaded laptrays and a head torch help too, as does an i-pod...
Also, you need some way to protect painted figs: Coat'd'arms matt varnish in a pot and a disposable brush, because I won't take spray paint cans in the car on hols...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner