FPW playtesting?

Started by Dave, 22 March 2010, 07:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

Haha, at least he's hit double figures now!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Dave,

I'd also be interested. What sort of scale, division, corps or army battles?  I have pushing 10,000 eager troops hoping for something to reverse their luck!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

nikharwood

QuoteI have pushing 10,000 eager troops hoping for something to reverse their luck!

Oh you know we want some pics of that lot, don't you??!  8)

mollinary

24 March 2010, 12:03:19 PM #19 Last Edit: 24 March 2010, 03:42:09 PM by Leon
Nik,

Here you go:

Mollinary

nikharwood

Very nice  8)

That's not 10,000 though, right?  :P ;)

mollinary

Correct, but it is only one board (12ft by 6ft) of the area to the west of Sedan. There was another similarly sized one for the Givonne valley to the East, and a separate 6ft by 6ft one for the area around the village of Bazeilles.  The table in the photo eventually engaged some 2 Prussian Corps, the Wurtemburg Field Division and a cavalry division, 2 French Corps and 2 cavalry divisions, so I suppose a total of c2,000 -2,500 and around 60-70 guns. The total deployed on all tables was about 7,000+.  Since then, as we move to represent a battle where the Third Prussian Army was not present I have had to add another two new Prussian Corps, and a lot of cavalry to one side, and the Guard and a shed load of lignards to the other. For our next game 2 Bavarian Corps, the Wurttemburgers, the French Marine Division and the four Divisions of 1st Corps will all lie idle while their new brethren get their baptism of fire!

Cheers

Mollinary

nikharwood

mollinary

Thanks Nik, we're hoping that August will be quite a game. The Pendraken range really inspired me to go into the FPW in a big way, and my discovery of the quality and affordability of Fernando's "showcase standard" painting, combined to allow me to build up larger armies quicker than ever before.  John Dz, my wargaming friend, and I have also put a lot of time and effort into acquiring suitable terrain via the excellent Keith Warren of Realistic Modelling. Togther with some simple rules, and congenial gamers they produce a fun and good looking product.  As most of the troops will be Pendraken I'll try and get some photos which major a bit more on the figures for the autumn.

Cheers
Mollinary

Leon

We've sent the rules out to everyone who volunteered, so please have a look, adjust as necessary and let us know what you think of them!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

privateer

Hello Dave, I be up for testing - it will make me finish the other units - what unit size are you using?

zaapark

I'd be happy to show the rules to my gaming group in TN.  Always looking for a new way to spend a paycheck.

chris
chris

Leon

Quote from: privateer on 13 April 2010, 05:57:37 AM
Hello Dave, I be up for testing - it will make me finish the other units - what unit size are you using?

Quote from: zaapark on 14 April 2010, 06:19:09 PM
I'd be happy to show the rules to my gaming group in TN.  Always looking for a new way to spend a paycheck.

I'll send you both a copy of the rules, let us know what you think.

privateer

Thanks Dave, I had the first read last night and they look playable - that will happen this weekend, no special rules for a Brunswick Regiment though (I would like to see something like they hit on whatever they roll and never suffer moral, but only when they are my troops)

count_zero99uk

Dave ive a good friend whos recently been doing a lot of reading about the FPW, id be happy to pass a set onto him if you want.

Thanks.