FPW playtesting?

Started by Dave, 22 March 2010, 07:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

That'd be great, I'll send them over to you now.

Incidentally, has anyone had the chance to give them a go yet?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nosher

Sadly I suffer from that afflication that means I absolutely refuse to play with unpainted miniatures >:(

I am there or there abouts with my FPW figs and would hope to get a game in before I go on holiday in mid August although my stuff is based for POW so that will take priority.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

Quote from: Nosher on 13 July 2010, 08:19:20 AM
Sadly I suffer from that afflication that means I absolutely refuse to play with unpainted miniatures >:(

Me too...I think there's another thread & poll there y'know...hmm...http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=960.0

Megamatman

Has anybody managed to give this a go yet?

Matt
Megamatman

privateer

Well, we had our first real game, not the practice one, of the campaign last weekend and it was great, we have ajusted the figure scale as we have used 10 figures per base not 8 but it did not cause a problem. I find the moral rules a bit light but good non the less. BTW the French held their own and managed a good tactical withdrawl leaving them in a good position for the next move in the campaign. - I was playing the Germans

Leon

Dave was asking about this thread the other night, has anyone got any feedback on these yet?  Any info would be much appreciated.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

cameronian

Do me a dismounted Austrian Hussar (1866) and I'll even write up an AAR!
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leon

Quote from: cameronian on 22 November 2010, 05:22:10 PM
Do me a dismounted Austrian Hussar (1866) and I'll even write up an AAR!

:D

scrutonsmog

I've just started a game using the download Leon.

My figures are 15mm based for Fire & Fury but with consistant frontages the units still look ok, (if I can figure out how to do it I'll post some pictures). At the minute I've just set up but hope to get some moves done over the next week or so...the benefits of a permanent table!

Like everyone else I have loads of unpainted but can comfortably field just over a corps of French and two and a half of Germans.

cheers

John Thompson

Leon

Quote from: scrutonsmog on 12 January 2011, 12:55:27 PM
I've just started a game using the download Leon.

My figures are 15mm based for Fire & Fury but with consistant frontages the units still look ok, (if I can figure out how to do it I'll post some pictures). At the minute I've just set up but hope to get some moves done over the next week or so...the benefits of a permanent table!

Like everyone else I have loads of unpainted but can comfortably field just over a corps of French and two and a half of Germans.

Cheers John, I'll mention it to Dave when he comes in.  If these rules work effectively, we might look at extending them a bit, and then working them for other periods, kind of like Baccus have done with the Polemos rules.

GordonY

Polemos  "Shudder!!!"

Leon

Quote from: GordonY on 12 January 2011, 04:21:20 PM
Polemos  "Shudder!!!"

Maybe not the rules, but the way they are marketed with the figures!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I've got 2 Corp of Prussians, the Wurttenburg Division and 2 Corps of Fench based for Volley & Bayonet, I'll give them a go!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

12 January 2011, 07:51:27 PM #43 Last Edit: 12 January 2011, 07:55:08 PM by Leon
Quote from: mad lemmey on 12 January 2011, 07:45:29 PM
I've got 2 Corp of Prussians, the Wurttenburg Division and 2 Corps of Fench based for Volley & Bayonet, I'll give them a go!

Great stuff, let us know what you think of them!

GordonY

"Maybe not the rules, but the way they are marketed with the figures!"

why bother Leon? you should just stock up on all the Warmaster based rulesets (and all the fan-based stuff as well as downloads) it (WM) is whats driving your sales in the main, plus your excellent figs are driving sales of the ruleset. Well thats my opinion anyway, but you know what they say about opinions.

Gordon