Colonel Bills

Started by Steve J, 16 October 2024, 06:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

I see Colonel Bills are now no longer attending shows after Battleground:

https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/news-from-colonel-bills-20/

Scolty

Sad news. I always enjoyed looking at Col Bill's stuff at the shows.

jimduncanuk

Sad but unfortunately necessary.

I usually project about half of my show spend in their direction.
My Ego forbids a signature.

steve_holmes_11

It's understandable.
Few operations are big enough to maintain mail order and a busy show schedule.
We often forget that Leon heads up a relatively large, hardworking and well run organisation - by wargaming standards.

I've done good business with the Colonel, and expect to continue doing so online.

Big Insect

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 16 October 2024, 03:43:13 PMIt's understandable.
Few operations are big enough to maintain mail order and a busy show schedule.
We often forget that Leon heads up a relatively large, hardworking and well run organisation - by wargaming standards.

I've done good business with the Colonel, and expect to continue doing so online.

I also understand that Colonel Bill's suffered a lot of 'theft' at some shows as well. I think I remember seeing a sign on the stand at a show one-year stating that they were a small business and that theft was damaging their profitability. It's sad if that really was part of their decision to no longer attend shows.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.

steve_holmes_11

QuoteI also understand that Colonel Bill's suffered a lot of 'theft' at some shows as well. I think I remember seeing a sign on the stand at a show one-year stating that they were a small business and that theft was damaging their profitability. It's sad if that really was part of their decision to no longer attend shows.
Very sad to think of crime intruding into a generally civilised hobby like ours.

Orcs

It is a shame when traders stop attending shows.  I can see why they choose this as the costs both of the stand, and attendance plus the impact on normal business is huge.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson