Germany 1945 - BKCII AAR

Started by Steve J, 13 October 2024, 02:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

fsn

Good stuff. Excellent use of 79th Armoured Div assets. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno 3

I'll do this later

Keraunos

Thanks for a very clear report on your blog.  I am not a WWII player and don't know the rules but it was fun to read a report of a game employing lots of the 'funnies' that I read about when young!

Steve J

Big Insect

As always Steve a great report, clear, enjoyable and engaging, I can ask no more from a game report - thank you.

You are right about the Crocodile (flamethrower) being a devastating weapon in BKC (as it is in CWC and FWC). I've looked at this previously and the only rules mechanism changes I'd probably consider making is to have Flamethrowers as 'Slow Firing' - so they can only fire once per Game Turn, and not as Opportunity Fire. But they are so very terribly expensive from a points perspective and usually very limited in numbers in the army lists anyway. It's just when they appear in an OOB in any quantity that they might be a game changer. However, just 1 or 2 in a game seems to adequately replicate their effectiveness adequately.
Good to see them out & about on-table.

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.

Steve J

Thanks Mark :) ! You are right about limiting their numbers and a good point about 'Slow Firing'. Always good to get them out onto the table though.

paulr

Quote...
You are right about the Crocodile (flamethrower) being a devastating weapon in BKC (as it is in CWC and FWC)...
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!