Little Wars TV does the Battle of Acre 1189

Started by kipt, 10 October 2024, 08:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kipt

Steve J

I just watched and another great showcase for 10mm figures. Doing some research into options now...

fred.

Great looking figures! Spotted lots of TB Line and some Magister Militum 

I've only watched some of the video, not listen to it. They used Lion Rampant, I assume with one sabot base is a unit? And did they track wounds by mini dice?

Does anyone know who the castle / town is made by?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

QuoteThey used Lion Rampant, I assume with one sabot base is a unit? And did they track wounds by mini dice?

They are going to do a follow up video on how they tweaked Lion Rampant II for this game. Looking at it I think 2 sabot bases made a unit, so when you took one away you knew it was at half strength and thus reduced dice. They had dice holders at the back so I assume that's how they tracked wounds.

fred.

QuoteThey are going to do a follow up video on how they tweaked Lion Rampant II for this game. Looking at it I think 2 sabot bases made a unit, so when you took one away you knew it was at half strength and thus reduced dice. They had dice holders at the back so I assume that's how they tracked wounds.
Thanks

That would make sense. I've tried LR series with WM 40x20mm bases. I think I used 6 bases for a 12 figure unit. Worked fine. 

But I think the approach in the video is better - you do end up with smaller footprint of units, which make manoeuvre a bit easier. 

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts