Deliveries.

Started by Orcs, 03 October 2024, 09:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Raider4 on 03 October 2024, 08:14:19 PMThat's a problem in our street. Ours is the only house with the actual number displayed in a row of 8 - 3 one side, 4 the other. You can see the drivers counting from ours, either up or down.

our street goes off up one side, 1-41, even the other 6-62. The opposite houses don't match, 30 is opposite 7...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Ours is similar - I'm 45, highest on other side is 30...
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno 3

Very occasionally get someone asking "Is this your house ?", while proffering a photo on their phone.
The answer's always been  "No."

From time to time we DO get a delivery that's not ours. So far we've always driven to the correct addy and left it there.

No 'numbers' on our road....the road hasn't even got a name. ;D

I'll do this later

Duke Speedy of Leighton

One day I'll get out there.
But the way it's going, they're more likely to build another henge first.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

We've had a few packages dropped elsewhere, which always baffles me somewhat.  There are precisely 2 businesses on our road, us and the neighbours.  But somehow the delivery drivers have decided to drop them at random points on the next road down.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno 3

QuoteOne day I'll get out there.
But the way it's going, they're more likely to build another henge first.

I'll swear the mad dog sees the ghosts of ancient Britons dragging bluestones down the road. He's always going off on one when there's nothing to see at all !! ;)
I'll do this later