An unexpected release...!

Started by Leon, 23 August 2024, 10:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've got a rather unexpected release for you all this week, with the arrival of the Spanish Inquisition!

"The Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition, commonly known as the Spanish Inquisition, was established in 1478 by the Catholic Monarchs, King Ferdinand II of Aragon and Queen Isabella I of Castile. It was intended to maintain Catholic orthodoxy in their kingdoms and to replace the Medieval Inquisition, which was under papal control, becoming the most substantive of the three different manifestations of the wider Catholic Inquisition, along with the Roman Inquisition and the Portuguese Inquisition.

According to some modern estimates, around 150,000 people were prosecuted for various offences during the three-century duration of the Spanish Inquisition, of whom between 3,000 and 5,000 were executed, approximately 2.7 percent of all cases."

Their dress might not be entirely historically accurate but we're sure that they'll make an amusing addition to your tables!

Specials - https://www.pendraken.co.uk/specials
PEN-INQ    The Spanish Inquisition    £1.50

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

I, for one, eagerly anticipate THE COMFY CHAIR joining the dungeon furniture range.

And can we look forward to minis for this lot:

Steve J

Very good! Not quite sure where I might be able to use them, most likely the AVBCW... :-\ .

fsn

Oh, they're going into my Christmas scene. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno 3

That was a surpise..I'd forgotten all about those...AND I'd forgotten the third one's name.
(Fang, Biggles & XIMANEZ..Bet I've spelt that incorrectly. :P )
I'll do this later

fsn

QuoteThat was a surpise..I'd forgotten all about those...AND I'd forgotten the third one's name.
(Fang, Biggles & XIMANEZ..Bet I've spelt that incorrectly. :P )
Thought they were your doing.  =D>  =D>  =D>

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

fsn

Reference material: look like a straightforward paint.

Techno 3

QuoteThought they were your doing.  =D>  =D>  =D>

Who else is mad enough, Nobby ! ;)
I'll do this later

fsn

mollinary

Could this be the start of something bigger?  I think the Monty Python age demographic overlaps heavily with the Wargames' one.  Perhaps the Holy Grail could provide some inspiration?  The Trojan Rabbit? I do hope so!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

steve_holmes_11

QuoteCould this be the start of something bigger?  I think the Monty Python age demographic overlaps heavily with the Wargames' one.  Perhaps the Holy Grail could provide some inspiration?  The Trojan Rabbit? I do hope so!
I'm holding out for the giant invisible hedgehog.

Big Insect

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 24 August 2024, 06:45:21 PMI'm holding out for the giant invisible hedgehog.

It's already in the catalogue - you just need to look for it very carefully  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.

mollinary

QuoteI'm holding out for the giant invisible hedgehog.

I have three, and spent so much time painting them, but no one seems to notice!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

QuoteI have three, and spent so much time painting them, but no one seems to notice!
The painting isn't so bad but finding the invisible paint is a real chore!

Fortunately I mentioned it in the FLGS when I was buying some tartan paint and it turned out they had some.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data