Out of nowhere- New Goths

Started by clibinarium, 06 August 2024, 04:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clibinarium

Seems like a lifetime ago I sculpted my first 10mm figures for the Late Roman range. Actually my first ever figures. I've always meant to add to the range, but life got in the way and other projects took priority.
This year Leon suggested we finally add some opposition, so for the last few weeks I've been blitzing on these new Gothic figures. They could work for a lot of other Germanics from the 3rd to 6th centuries.
So here they are; three packs of horse and five packs of foot. Hope you like them. If these do well we may discuss adding other opposition for the Late Empire.

Infantry

Foot Command

Unarmoured warriors

Armoured warriors

Skirmishers

Archers

Cavalry

Cavalry command

Armoured cavalry

Unarmoured cavalry

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are utterly gorgeous Clib.
Really beautiful
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno 3

I'll do this later

mollinary

06 August 2024, 06:47:36 PM #4 Last Edit: 06 August 2024, 07:53:43 PM by mollinary
Wow, you are an evil man - but a sculptor of sheer GENIUS! Temptation - now, some additional Sassanids, and maybe some Sarmatians,  that would be something!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Big Insect

Some 'noble' armoured & helmeted Gothic cavalry on half-armoured horses would also complete the range.
They are, however, as always, beautiful sculpts - well done.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.

Steve J

Beautiful work as always Clib 8) !

fred.

Oh wow!

Not expecting these - but really lovely!

Could well see buying some of these (I'll not mention the big pile of Late Romans who haven't got to the front of the queue in over 10 years...)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

T13A

Wot they said, lovely!

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

FierceKitty

Mmm, a long-needed range, and very tasty they look. Request - one reads of a very distinctive Gothic shield type (last on the right below) used by the foot (and counter-claims that it never existed)....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Big Insect

Quote from: FierceKitty on 06 August 2024, 08:53:06 PMMmm, a long-needed range, and very tasty they look. Request - one reads of a very distinctive Gothic shield type (last on the right below) used by the foot (and counter-claims that it never existed)....

I am aware of at least one respected military historian that thinks that the 'coffin' shields are a misinterpretation of a particular carving/sculpture. I'll see if I can find that reference & post here.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "outside of the box" thinking.

FierceKitty

I know they aren't universally accepted.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Big Insect

Quote from: FierceKitty on 06 August 2024, 09:19:45 PMI know they aren't universally accepted.
I agree, and I have them in my collection of 15mm Goths, to differentiate between differing gothic contingents in the same force.